Anarchy Reigns ~ Enforce the Laws ~ Stop The Invasion
By Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D.
March 16, 2006
America is world renown as the most successful nation in achieving the integration and assimilation of people from diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and religions. It is significant that our national motto, E Pluribus Unum, translates to . . . Out of Many . . . ONE! As Americans, we have collectively prided ourselves on our unique ability to acculturate and assimilate all new immigrants. As a nation, we have jointly shaped a culturally blended society reflective of our well know 'melting pot' metaphor. Unfortunately, there is a widening rift appearing in the fabric of our society. It is causing the temperature of the melting pot to approach the boiling point. What has gone wrong? To answer that question, read on . . .
One wonders what the Mexican government and its citizens would say, think, and do, if twenty million Americans were to illegally invade Mexico and expect the Mexican government to provide free medical care; supply them with free education and automatic Mexican citizenship for their children; require bilingual interpreters at all hospitals and courts; insist on bilingual government forms; demand that Mexico accept American IDs and provide us with sanctuary cities that would ignore our multiple lawbreaking and allow us to remain free from arrest; expect Mexicans to learn English so we wouldn't have to learn Spanish; fly the US flag from our homes and cars; insist on courses in American culture at our local schools; demand local driver's licenses and in-state college tuition; balkanize their cities and towns; insist that police officers speak to us in English and require them to hire American bilingual officers that are culturally acceptable; and permit the American government to have 47 consulates in Mexico to subversively serve those American illegal aliens.(1) What would most Mexicans say about that?
Wouldn't Mexicans vehemently object to such insulting arrogance, insolence and obvious lawless anarchy? There is no doubt that we Americans ALL know the answer to that question because it is what we are FORCED to live with every single day. We categorically and overwhelmingly object and reject the massive illegal immigration that has been taking place in our country for the past two decades. It has become a human tsunami and lawless invasion that borders on anarchy. Our lives are being impacted everyplace and everywhere. We also realize that contrary to our founding principles those 20-23 million illegal aliens, along with many legal immigrants, are not integrating and assimilating into the our uniquely blended American culture and society.(2)(3)(4)
"We The People" are noticing more and more every day and everywhere the balkanization of our communities into burgeoning, divisively isolated, ethnic enclaves. We know that such rapidly appearing enclaves are being generated by the unchecked "human tsunami" of illegal aliens flooding into our country at a rate of 10,000 per day. Their massive numbers also encourage LEGAL immigrants to follow their lead of non-assimilation and ethnic and linguistic isolation, spurred on by the insane dogmas of multi-culturalism, diversity and pc (political castration).(1)
"Illegal immigration has imposed a catastrophic impact on taxpayers and seriously crippled our public school system," said Mike Antonovich, a 21-year member of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors. "While we need legal immigration, which is essential, illegal immigration has been detrimental to the economy and to our quality of life."(5)
Many Americans rightfully believe their country is under assault by a Mexican 'migrant army' of invading illegal aliens who have no intention of assimilating. Instead they want to colonize and 'reconquista' America's west! We believe our "melting pot" is about to boil over!(6)
How Many is Too Many?
Each year a million plus people enter our country legally.(7) Millions more are permitted to enter with legal visas, then illegally stay on after they expire.(8) Those illegal 'visa overstays' and the aliens who have crossed our borders illegally represent a massive invasion of our sovereignty totaling some 20-23 million people.(1)
Senator John McCain writes "[a]ccording to the U.S. Border Patrol apprehension statistics, it is estimated that almost four million people crossed our borders illegally in 2002."(9) Of those four million, the Border Patrol catches about one in four. Time magazine has estimated similar figures.(10) These Border Patrol estimates equate to nearly 10,000 illegal aliens entering our country every day!(9)(1) Frustrated Americans want to know why law enforcement is not apprehending and deporting those invading millions! Many Americans ask why our government officials, including the president, are violating their oath of office "to protect and defend" our laws and constitution.
Americans also know that there are resulting consequences for such massive uncontrolled illegal immigration. One result will be a population explosion! Do the math-- it's breathtaking! If all 20 to 23 million illegal aliens here today are given guest worker amnesty along with "family reunification," it will add roughly 60 million people to the current legal population of 293 million.(12) In 2050, just forty-four years from now, demographers say there will be half a billion people residing in America!(13) Just imagine what kind of impact that will have on our natural resources and quality of life!
Thinking Americans believe that the exploitation of illegal aliens is driven by a lust for cheap labor. However, they may not know who is lobbying so diligently for that cheap labor. They include the following protagonists: the U.S. Chamber of Commerce; high-tech companies like Microsoft; giant labor unions; the construction industry; clothing manufacturers; the meat packing industry; the hotel and restaurant industry; the gaming industry; the Agri-business and farmers; and of course, the wealthy elites who require nannies, gardeners, cooks, housekeepers and drivers.(14)
The Hispanic Agenda . . .
The massive inflow of illegal aliens is also promoted and desired by many Hispanic groups both inside and outside America.(6)(15) Until our government enforces our current immigration laws, businesses will continue to defy them by hiring illegal aliens.(16) Therefore, they will continue to come! Americans know that our immigration system is not 'broken' but simply lacking any semblance of enforcement!(6)
President Bush has proclaimed he wants to "match any willing [foreign] worker with any willing [American] employer." Just how would that program work when you consider that there are at least a billion 'willing workers' world-wide who would immediately apply! It is a pronouncement that infuriates Americans because we are smart enough to know it is a policy with such terrible consequences for America and its workers that it boggles the mind!
The American public constantly hears the mantra that they're here to do the jobs Americans won't do. (17) That is a bald-faced lie, a myth! The true fact is that Americans can't afford to take those jobs at the low wages being offered!(18) Many Americans have been forced into the ranks of the under-employed because overwhelming cheap labor has driven down their wages, replaced them in their jobs, or are unable to economize by living twenty to a rented house.(19) Others are forced to close their businesses when they can no longer competitively bid in an arena filled with employers who hire illegal aliens.(20) Those 'good-hearted Americans' can no longer 'put food on their tables!'(21)(22)(23)
Insidiously, the America economy suffers when cheap illegal alien labor is paid "under the table" or claim nine dependants to avoid paying any income taxes. "If the IRS could collect all the taxes it says that it is owed from the underground economy in a given year, then the current budget deficit would disappear overnight. And if the IRS could collect these taxes every year, then the nation would have surpluses as far as the eye can see."(3)
What the Experts Have to Say . . .
According to experts, we are in fact adding millions of jobs, they're just not 'on the books' which may explain why there is a 'jobless recovery.'(25)(26) "Americans Lose $68 Billion a Year From Immigration . . . [that] annual loss [in 2002] represents a $14 billion increase just since 1998. As the size of the immigrant population has continued to increase, so has the loss."(27)
Illegal aliens, financially and physically overburden our hospitals, jails and schools.(28)(29)(30)(31) They bring in new and previously eradicated diseases, which we are required by law to treat and pay for with taxpayer dollars.(28) Then, they compound the felony, by sending billions of dollars back to their home countries, removing money from America that could help sustain and improve its economy! Mexico alone received $16.6 billion in 2004 and a projected $20 billion for 2005. According to Mexico's President Vicente Fox, those remittances "are our biggest source of foreign income, bigger than oil, tourism or foreign investment."(32)(33) Too bad there isn't the same concern for Americans LEGAL resident's wages and benefits which are declining each and every year!(34)
Many Americans find it insulting to be asked to "press '1' for English" when calling a bank or business. They ask why, here in America, do we need to "press one" to speak in our own native language?(35) Most Americans believe that our country will be destroyed if we turn America into a bilingual, multi-lingual, and bi-cultural country.(51)
The Wisdom of Former Colorado Governor Richard Lamm . . .
History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; however, it is a curse for a society to be bilingual.(36) [When] Societies are bilingual [they become] two competing and nation-dividing languages. A nation is much more than a place on a map. It is a state of mind, a shared vision, and a recognition that we are all is this together . . . [and] one indispensable element must be that we all speak one common language.(37)
Unfortunately it is an open secret, revealed by Caruba when he says "Hispanics in America have been lobbying, often with success, to make Spanish the second official language of the nation. There is even a movement to re-conquer [reconquista] those formerly Mexican areas of the nation and the official policy of the Mexican government is to create a southern border which Mexicans could cross at will, electing to live here if the wish, enjoy all the benefits of American citizenship, but retaining their own citizenship at the same time."(38)(6)(39)(40)(41) This attitude is a serious impediment to achieving the assimilation and integration, so necessary and vital, for a thriving American culture and society.
Can the proposed guest worker amnesty fix all the problems? Previous high-level scholarly commissions have concluded with agreement "that guest worker programs are not in the [American] national interest and [the commission] unanimously and strongly agreed that such programs would be a grievous mistake."(42) Eighty-five percent of Americans believe that illegal immigration is a serious problem and sixty-five percent oppose the guest worker amnesty!(43) They want President Bush to enforce our immigration laws by closing our borders, punishing the businesses that hired them and deporting all of those who are here illegally.(44)
Roll Up the Welcome Mat!
We need to close our borders and roll up the 'welcome mat' to discourage future illegal aliens and force the ones here to 'self-deport' by generating laws that would deny 'any and all' taxpayer financed 'social services' and 'public benefits' to illegal aliens such as: FREE state health care, including state approved FREE federal funds (your tax dollars) from Medicaid, SSI and the much abused FREE 'emergency care' and more; FREE American education for their children; FREE use of Head Start programs; automatic citizenship for their babies; FREE pre-natal care and delivery of their 'anchor babies'; driver's licenses; in-state college tuition rates; motor-voter registration; bi-lingual 'everything'; subsidized housing which includes tens of billions of federally funded grants, (your tax dollars) to non-profits (like Catholic Charities who create and manage them); food stamps; worker's compensation; FREE school lunches and breakfasts; rent assistance; FREE immunizations; and MORE . . . much, much more!(45)(46)(47)(48)
Without the dominance . . . [of] what it meant to be an American, we are left with only tolerance and pluralism to hold us together. [If the aim is to destroy America] I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with the salad bowl metaphor . . . reinforcing their differences rather than as Americans, emphasizing their similarities.(36)--Former Colorado Governor Richard Lamm
The assault on our sovereignty, language, and culture, has occurred because our immigration laws are not being enforced! This egregious FACT has allowed an overwhelming mass of humanity to flood into our country without the time and effort necessary to integrate and assimilate resulting in the balkanization of America!(49)(50) We are fast becoming a third world, multi-cultural, multi-lingual "tower of babble" heading toward a racially divisive and linguistically divided society.(50)(51)(52)(53) For these reasons, intelligent Americans overwhelmingly oppose a guest worker amnesty! We believe it is time to end to this 'open borders' insanity and slam closed the door!(54)
Because the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has abandoned enforcement of our immigration laws and condoned the "open borders" policy of this administration, there is serious doubt that the invasion will be stopped.(55) The only glimmer of hope, is the proliferation of proposals similar to Arizona's Proposition 200 which are now being considered by many other states.(56)(57) Laws that many, angry but hopeful, Americans want enacted because the federal government is in denial and default.
Our Government Continues to Abdicate its Constitutional Responsibilities!
"We The People" DEMAND that our government put the military on the border and enforce our immigration laws so that our children and grandchildren can grow up in an America that is fully assimilated. We want our Constitution, Bill of Rights, laws and sovereignty upheld. We want our American culture and English language honored, promoted and sustained.
- Article IV, Section 4 of the US Constitution states: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and "shall protect each of them against Invasion . . . " This is not being done!
- Members of our Congress take an oath of office, to "preserve, protect and defend our Constitution." They are responsible for ensuring the enforcement of our laws and do not honor their oath!
- The Constitution states that the President of the United States "shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed." He has not and does not honor his oath to enforce our immigration laws, except selectively and narrowly for show!
Mr President, do your Constitutional duty, honor your oath of office and for the sake of our children and the preservation of our Republic, enforce our immgration laws and . . .
STOP THE INVASION!
Note 1: All bracketed [ ] notations within the quotes, are added for clarification.
Note 2: All underlining and italics, within the quotes and elsewhere, are done for emphasis.
Note 3: For an excellent source on The National Council of La Raza (The Race), LULAC, MALDEF, MEChA, and the ACLU, et al go to: NCLR.
Note 4: Trilateral Commission and Council on Foreign Relations (CFR): The two organizations that run the United States, CFR.
Copyright © Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., 2009, All Rights Reserved
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Misc. Madness: Gov't 'Aids and Abets' Illegal Aliens (Part 2), December 28, 2005, MichNews.com, Misc. Madness.
- Robert Justich and Betty Ng, CFA, The Underground Labor Force Is Rising To The Surface, steinreport.com, January 23, 2005, Underground Labor.
- Jim McTague, Going Underground: The shadow economy is about to top $1 trillion - at a great cost to many, barron'sonline.com, January 3, 2005, The Shadow Economy.
- Thomas G. Tancredo, Massive Immigration, Legal & Illegal: The Great Harm it is Doing to the U.S.A., proconservative.net, June 4, 2004, Mass Immigration.
- Valerie Richardson, Human tsunami, The Washington Times, April 25, 2004, Human Tsunami.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Insanity Reigns: Gov't 'Aids and Abets' Illegal Aliens (Part 1 - Overview), November 14, 2005, MichNews.com, Insanity Reigns.
- Office of Policy and Planning: Statistics Division, Legal Immigration, Fiscal Year 2001, August 2002, Legal Immigration Stats.
- Sensenbrenner Releases GAO Study Detailing Millions of Visa Overstays; Tracking Program Deficiencies, releases.usnewswire.com, June 3, 2004, Visa Overstays.
- Letter from Senator John McCain, dtd. February 10, 2004, theamericanresistance.com, John McCain Letter.
- Donald L. Barlett and James B. Steele, Who Left the Door Open?, Time Magazine, September 20, 2004, Who Left the Door Open?
- Jerry Seper, Protest targets border staffing, The Washington Times.com, February 9, 2005, Border Staffing.
- Central Intelligence Agency, The World Fact Book: United States, cia.gov, Using Information available as of January 1, 2004 and updated on February 10, 2005, CIA Fact Book.
- Half a billion Americans?, economist.com, August 22, 2002, Half a billion Americans?
- Ellen Almer, Who is the Cheap Labor Lobby?, frontpagemag.com, January 24, 2003, Cheap Labor Lobby.
- Joseph E. Fallon, Pushing Out Whitey, amren.com, March 2000, Pushing Out Whitey.
- Unlawful employment of aliens -- Cases and Codes: US Code: Title 8: Section 1324a, case.law.lp.findlaw.com, as of January 6, 2003, Unlawful Employment of Aliens.
- Mark Krikorian, Jobs American Won't Do: Voodoo Economics from the White House, National Review, January 7,2004, Voodoo Economics.
- Jon E. Dougherty, The 'Jobs Americans Won't Do' Myth, newsmax.com, February 18, 2004, Jobs Americans Won't Do.
- Frosty Wooldridge, The American Dream Slipping Away from the Middle Class, washingtondispatch.com, October 25, 2004, Middle Class.
- Jan Herron, Unemployed in Rural Atlanta, magic-city-news.com, January 27, 2005, Unemployment.
- Joyce Howard Price, High-tech firms importing cheap labor, The Washington Times, September 5, 2003, High-tech Firms.
- Matt Hayes, U.S. Tech Workers Bear Brunt of Immigration Policy, foxnews.com, April 29, 2004, Tech Workers.
- Jeff Nachtigal, Adding Fuel to the H-1B Fire: Permanent Residency Raises Questions, techsunite.org, January 26, 2005, H-1B Visas.
- John Snipes, Georgia Union Electrician, immigrationshumancost.org, December 2, 2002, Union Electrician.
- Kevin L. Kliesen and Howard J. Wall, A Jobless Recovery with More People Working?, stlouisfed.org, April 2004, Jobless Recovery.
- Ray Stone, Ph.D., Payrolls-- Illegal Immigrant Workers, the Missing Link?, finance.wharton.upenn.edu, January 21, 2004, Payrolls.
- U.S. Newswire, Americans Lose $68 Billion a Year From Immigration; Study Examines Harm to American Workers, February 24, 2005, Zwire National News, Americans Lose $68 Billion.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Hospitals 'Mugged' by Illegal Aliens, July 12, 2005, MichNews.com, Illegal Alien Hospital Costs.
- Jerry Seper, Report ties health care struggles to immigration, washingtontimes.com, February 26, 2004, Health Care Struggles.
- Lisa Friedman, Senators seek $6.4B for jailing immigrants, sbsun.com, February 6, 2006, Costs of Jailing Immigrants.
- Heather Mac Donald, The Illegal-Alien Crime Wave, manhattan-institute.org, Winter 2004, Illegal-Alien Crime.
- Brendan M. Case and Dianne Solis, Transfers set record in Mexico: $16.6 billion received from abroad in 2004, central bank says," dallasnews.com, February 1, 2005, Transfers.
- Luis Alonso Lugo, Remittances are Mexico's biggest source of income, says Fox," signonsandiego.com, September 24, 2003, Remittances.
- Roy Beck, 'Occupation Collapse' and Poverty Wages: Consequences of Large Guestworker Programs, Poverty Wages.
- Michelle Malkin, Press "1" For English In Maryland--And America, vdare.com, May 18, 2004, Press '1' for English.
- Richard D. Lamm, Eight Steps To Destroy America, rense.com, January 30, 2005, How to Destroy America.
- Richard D. Lamm, It is a Blessing for an Individual to be Bilingual; It is a Curse for Society to be Bilingual, cairco.org, Note: Original title One nation, one tongue, August 8, 2002, Rocky Mountain News, Bilingual.
- Alan Caruba, Immigrant assimilation versus immigrant separatism: English versus Arabic & Spanish, proconservative.net, November 26, 2004, Assimilation vs. Separatism.
- Allan Wall, Spanish and the New Conquistadors, vdare.com, February 21, 2002, Conquistadors.
- William Norman Grigg, Stealth Invasion: Working through its consulates in the United States, the Mexican government is waging a war of subversion against our nation -- with the silent complicity of Washington, stoptheftaa.org, April 5, 2004, Stealth Invasion.
- Mark Krikorian, Flawed Assumptions Underlying Guestworker Programs, judiciary.house.gov, March 24, 2004, Flawed Assumptions.
- Jonette Christian, Jobs American won't do?, Bangornews.com, January 4, 2005, Jobs.
- Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), Public Opinion Polls on Immigration, fairus.org, July 2003, Opinion Polls.
- RoperASW Poll, Americans Talk About Illegal Immigration, numbersUSA.com, March 2003, Americans Talk.
- S. J. Miller, The 'we can't deport all 12 million illegal aliens . . . ' scam: Don't be fooled by peddlers of 'Immigration Reform' Scams, federalobserver.com, January 2005, Scam.
- S. A. Miller, Illegals escape subsidy scrutiny, washingtontimes.com, April 5, 2004, Subsidy Scrutiny.
- Michelle Malkin, Home loans for illegal aliens?, townhall.com, August 29, 2003, Home Loans for Illegals.
- Matt Hayes, Tax Laws Protect Illegal Workers, foxnews.com, October 30, 2003, Tax Laws.
- Frosty Wooldridge, Immigration's Unarmed Invasion: Deadly Consequences, (Bloomington, Indiana: AuthorHouse, 2004).
- Michelle Malkin, Invasion: How America Still Welcomes Terrorist Criminals & Other Foreign Menaces to Our Shores, (Washington, DC: Regnery Publishing, 2002).
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Language Lunacies ~ Gov't 'Aids and Abets' Illegal Aliens, February 21, 2006, MichNews.com, Language Lunacies.
- Victor Davis Hanson, Mexifornia: A State of Becoming (San Francisco: Encounter Books, 2003).
- Samuel P. Huntington, The Hispanic Challenge, foreignpolicy.com, March/April 2004, Hispanic Challenge.
- Burt Prelutsky, Close the door!, washingtontimes.com, February 11, 2005, Close the Door!
- Marty Nemko, Ph.D., The Overwhelming of America, martynemko.com, Overwhelming of America.
- Valerie Richardson, Arizonans spread hopes for moves against illegals, The Washington Times, November 4, 2004, Moves Against Illegals.
- Amanda J. Crawford, Prop. 200 gains fans, foes nationwide, azcentral.com, October 22, 2004, Prop. 200.