Seditionist Cardinal Mahony Defies the Pope
By Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D.
March 21, 2006
The debate continues to rage over Cardinal Mahony's instructions to his priests to ignore future immigration laws while cloaking his justification in biblical verse. He is not the first to do so. Cardinal McCarrick, the archbishop of Washington, DC, has also made a similar claim about current immigration laws. It is this author's opinion that such exhortations are prima facie evidence of preaching and practicing sedition. It is further suggested that the rampant, willful continuance of unlawfully 'aiding and abetting' illegal aliens by the Catholic Church, Catholic Charities and others, is ALSO a form of sedition.
Just what IS sedition?
Sedition is a United States "federal crime of advocacy of insurrection against the government [such as the call to defy our laws announced by Cardinal Mahony] OR support for an enemy of the nation during time of war, by speeches [preaching], or publications [informational packets] and organization [Banding together ~ participating in the coalition]. Sedition usually involves actually conspiring to disrupt the legal operation of the government [as in advocating the willful disobeyance of our laws] and is beyond expression of an opinion or protesting government policy [as in 'aiding and abetting' illegal aliens]."(1) "Sedition is conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of a state [as preached by Father Gutierrez]."(2)
"Wading back into the growing debate over illegal immigration, Cardinal Roger M. Mahony on Tuesday [2/28/06] denounced what he called 'hysterical' anti-immigrant sentiment sweeping California and the nation."(3)
"In his most forceful comments to date, Mahony said he would instruct his priests to defy legislation — if approved by Congress — that would require churches and other social organizations to ask immigrants for legal documentation before providing assistance and penalize them if they refuse to do so. That provision was included in the immigration bill [H.R. 4437] recently passed by the House of Representatives; a similar proposal is in the version that the Senate Judiciary Committee plans to begin debating this week."(3)
It seems that many Catholics, especially the church hierarchy, have openly preached and advocated sedition. Cardinal Mahony does so when he calls for Catholics to disobey laws that the government may enact to stop illegal immigration. The Cardinal seems to have forgotten the teachings of the bible concerning respect for the law of the land: Romans 13:1-2 . . . "let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore he who resists the authorities resists what God has appointed . . . "
Obeying Cardinal Mahony's exhortations promoting sedition, a priest at the "St. Anne Catholic Church in Santa Monica on Sunday, [a] Father Michael Gutierrez clearly relished the chance to declare that his church would welcome immigrants regardless of any laws Congress may pass. 'This is not our law,' he said. 'We follow God's law'."(4) That is about as clear as it get to engaging in sedition.
Cardinal Mahony's Seditious Political Agenda . . .
In pursuit of his political agenda . . . "Mahony announced that 'the Catholic Church and many other organizations, and immigrants rights advocates . . . are banding together to protect the rights of all [except for taxpayers] . . . . to see that it [HR 4437] does not go beyond the Senate,' and that the Senate passes measures to increase legalization rights for immigrants."(5)
In addition, Cardinal Mahony announced that "he has sent informational packets to all parishes on how to preach, teach and lobby on the issue. He said he also planned to step up his personal political advocacy, starting with a letter to California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a Senate Judiciary Committee member and opponent of large-scale guest-worker [amnesty] programs outside agriculture."(3)
Along with Mahony . . . "The United States Catholic Conference of Bishops is participating in the Coalition for Comprehensive Immigration Reform, which includes hundreds of labor, civil rights, faith, community and business groups. It opposes HR 4437 and supports legislation that would provide legalization of 'undocumented' [illegal alien] workers."(5)
Mahony Also Disobeys the Pope . . .
Apparently Cardinal Mahony and the US Bishops hadn't read the Pope's Encyclical from Christmas 2005 where Pope Benedict XVI clearly ordered the Church to stay out of politics. The call by Mahony to engage in politics is in disobeyance of the Pope's Encyclical Letter, Deus Caritas Est of 12/25/05 where he states: "Fundamental to Christianity is the distinction between what belongs to Caesar and what belongs to God . . . The just ordering of society and the State is a central responsibility of politics . . . The Church cannot and must not take upon herself the political battle to bring about the most just society possible . . . The direct duty to work for a just ordering of society, on the other hand, is proper to the lay faithful. As citizens of the State, they are called to take part in public life in a personal capacity."(6) Since Cardinal Mahony is not laity, his preaching and political activism and organizational efforts are in violation of the Pope's Encyclical.
Mahony And His Co-Conspirators Also Endanger The Church's Non-Profit Status
Perhaps the Bishops and Cardinals of the Catholic Church should also keep in mind that they are a non-profit which allows them to avoid paying any taxes as long as they abide by certain rules and laws. Their political activities put the Church in jeopardy because they are ALSO flagrantly disobeying the rules for their 501(c)(3) status.
According to the Rutherford Institute: "Since the passage of the Sixteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution, which authorized Congress to impose a federal income tax, Congress has consistently granted churches and religious organizations special exemptions from paying taxes and for receiving tax-deductible contributions. However, if a church or religious organization wishes to qualify for and maintain this tax-exempt status, it must abide by the restrictions in political and legislative activities established in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (as amended) .2 Section 501(c)(3) includes two stipulations: first, no substantial part of the organization's activities may consist of carrying on propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation; and second, the organization may not participate in political campaigning in opposition to, or on behalf of, any candidate for public office."(7) The rule of thumb for violation of a non-profit status is that if more than 5% of staff, time, effort or dollars is involved, it is against the law.(8)
Sadly, Cardinal Mahony Attacks the Minutemen
"There is enormous ignorance out there," said Mahony, disputing as "myths" accusations that undocumented immigrants take jobs from Americans or don't pay taxes. "This is a teachable moment to help people understand that all of us are immigrant people."(5) What is he going to 'teach': that illegal aliens DON'T take jobs from Americans and that they ALL pay taxes? That is absurd on its face. There is no evidence to support such a 'teachable' claim. In fact there is a MOUNTAIN of evidence to support the exact opposite.
"Mahony also criticized efforts by the Minuteman Project and other [illegal] immigration control groups to police the border, saying that such efforts were a misguided reaction to national security concerns."(3)
Jim Gilchrist, founder of the Minuteman Project, replied by saying: "As a Catholic, it troubles me to have to say that Cardinal Mahony is just flat wrong . . . First of all, he seems to not understand the difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration . . . It discredits the church and brings shame to parishioners to say we are not going to follow the laws of the United States -- the most accepting nation on earth. What would happen if every church decided to only follow the laws with which they agreed?"(9)
"Those hit hardest by illegal immigration are the poor who are squeezed from the job market. Meanwhile, the middle class see their tax burden skyrocket to pay for education and healthcare for illegal immigrants. It is the church's flock that has to foot the bill and they are unlikely to be receptive to paying higher taxes to satisfy Cardinal Mahony's political agenda . . ."(9)
"Gilchrist also disagreed with the Cardinal's statement that illegal immigration opponents are 'hysterical': It is emphatically not 'hysterical' to want to stop the flow of drugs streaming across our borders, not to mention ending the murders and rapes which are a regular occurrence -- and it is irresponsible to suggest it is."(9)
"The Catholic Church is a worldwide institution. If this were only about helping the needy as the Cardinal claims, that could just as easily be done in any of the other of the dozens of nations illegal aliens come to America from . . . One thing the Cardinal is right about: There is enormous ignorance out there. But this time it just happens to be coming from the church."(9)
Sedition's Other Aspect . . . A De Facto War with Mexico
Sedition also involves support for an enemy of our nation. You may believe that aspect of sedition is not applicable concerning the Catholic Church because we are not 'at war' with most of those countries from which illegal aliens originate. There are currently 23 million illegal aliens occupying our country today with 10,000 more A DAY entering America.(17) Of those 23 million illegaIs, 90% are mostly Catholic Hispanics, 65% of whom originate from Mexico. These are the illegal alien 'migrants' or 'immigrants,' that the Catholic Church and Charities 'aids and abets.'
One does wonder if 23 million Hindus or Muslims or Jews were to illegally invade America would the Catholic Church still be loudly advocating for 'Welcoming the Stranger' and 'Justice for [illegal alien] Immigrants'? It should also not be forgotten that some miniscule number of the remaining 10% of the 23 million DOES include Muslim illegal aliens from countries with whom we are currently 'at war,' as announced by our government.(10-17)
The mere FACT that 65% of the 20 million Hispanic illegals are Mexican (approximately 13 million) represents a demographic that is prima facie evidence that we are engaged in a de facto 'war' with Mexico. An asymmetric war that has been waged for more than two decades against our sovereign nation, maliciously and deviously by Mexico. During that time, the Catholic Church has functioned as a 'fifth column' by facilitating our enemies and seditiously 'aiding and abetting' their presence in America.(18) Lest you think we are not 'at war' with Mexico, read on . . .
1982 'Mexican Manifesto' Calls for 'Migrant Army' to Reconquista America
Because of the enormous size of the invasion, you cannot compare America's 'human tsunami' of illegal immigration with any other country in the world! The current number of illegal aliens is 23 million or more, and counting! The fact that our government has allowed these illegal aliens to overwhelm our country is so outrageous and egregious, that it boggles the mind! With nearly 90% of the illegals, Hispanics and Latinos, and 65% of those are Mexican, they WILL, by their sheer numbers, irrevocably alter our American community. They will divide our nation into two languages, two cultures, and two societies.(19)
Seemingly unaware of the danger, domesticated and pacified Americans, brainwashed by the 'cult of diversity,' have blindly embraced a multi-cultural concept, which by definition engenders a society that is divergent, different, and disparate, the exact inverse of our national motto -- E pluribus Unum. Out of many, ONE!
The 'Mexican Manifesto' was brazenly announced in a prominent Mexico City newspaper in 1982. It was very eerily 'Osama like,' in that the invasion plan is NOW, TODAY, so diabolically clear to all. Mexico has planned and then executed a 'stealth war' by invasion and colonization of the United States of America.
Incredibly, the invasion plan is a carbon copy of the illegal alien invasion and balkanization that American citizens have been forced to endure for more than two decades. It is a de facto war . . . "existing or being such in actual fact though not by legal establishment, [or by] official recognition." Now, in 2006 there is overwhelming evidence that we are being invaded by a foreign country, as was declared in 1982 by the following Mexican Manifesto:
"A peaceful mass of people [illegal aliens], hardworking, carries out slowly and patiently an unstoppable [illegal alien] invasion, the most important in [Mexico's] human history. You cannot give me a similar example of such a large migratory wave by an ant-like, stubborn, unarmed, [illegal aliens] and carried on in the face of the most powerful and best-armed nation on earth [America]."(20)
But neither barbed-wire fences, nor aggressive border guards, nor campaigns, nor [unenforced American Immigration] laws nor police raids [not unless you commit ANOTHER crime] against the undocumented [illegal aliens], have stopped this movement of the masses that is unprecedented in any part of the world [true].(20)
In 1950 they were called 'Pachucos' (half-breeds) [then came the 'wetbacks' and then the 'braceros']; today they are called 'Chicanos.' They have marked social and family characteristics, agility for adapting to the environment and for conquering a great region [America], once primitive and virgin, that belonged to our fatherland [Mexico] and we lost it [via the surrender Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo after America won the Mexican-American War(21)(22)(23)]. But it seems to be slowly returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without the firing of a single shot, nor requiring the least diplomatic action [because both presidents, Bush and Fox, have colluded to do so], by means of a steady, spontaneous, and uninterrupted occupation.(20)
The Mexican invasion of America is a 'de facto' war; has been carefully planned, artfully directed and arrogantly executed, without a single change or deviation from the original 1982 manifesto! All the while our government, from the president on down has allowed this massive invasion to continue for TWENTY-FOUR YEARS! Insanity reigns!
While most Americans 'haven't a clue' and our pathetic government remains aloof and immobile, Mexico enforces its immigration laws. Outrageously, our government deliberately continues to leave our country wide-open to the Mexican invasion plan. It is a 'Mexican Manifesto' that is being executed before our very eyes as they overrun America, in a human 'tsunami-like' wave after wave of its poorest citizens, who arrive here and suck our schools, jails, health, and welfare systems dry! Mexico is maliciously manipulating our give-away 'free' society, while Bush 'fiddles.' They are NOT just coming here to do the jobs Americans won't do . . . they are coming here TO TAKE OVER AMERICA!
How Will They Do it? Here's How . . .
The ultimate goal of the Hispanic/Latino pro-illegal alien lobby, in collusion with the Mexican government, is to leverage their massive illegal alien population to achieve the political power necessary to "reconquista" (take back) the Southwestern United States of America. Their goals are very clear. In order to grow their political clout, they want to stop or eliminate any and all actions that might end the inflow of some 10,000 illegals per day, while they blatantly espouse and support the massive illegal alien invasion of our country!(14)(17) Racism is defined in Webster's as a program or practice that upholds the political or economic domination of one race over another or others. Sadly, the goals of the Hispanic/Latinos here in America, working in concert with the Mexican government are without doubt, the purist form of racism there is!(24)(25)(26)
1. Vicente Fox, president of Mexico has declared that:
"What they [illegal immigrants] are interested in is in having their rights respected." "These workers are not going to become American citizens, nor do they want U.S. citizenship."(27) Fox has also said "it is his government's ultimate goal to try to give all Mexicans living and working illegally in the United States 'all the rights that any worker has in that country'."(28) And: "My people are not doing anything wrong or breaking any laws, nor are they 'illegal aliens' [what is he smoking?]. They are Mexican citizens migrating north looking for work."(29)
Fox has also stated that: In the last few months we have managed to achieve an improvement in the situation of many Mexicans [in the United States], regardless of their migratory [illegal alien] status, through schemes [by using American Laws] that have permitted them access to health and education systems, identity documents [Mexican matricula consular cards that only illegal aliens need], as well as the full respect for their human [illegal alien] rights [to illegally invade America and have us pay for it].'(19)(30)
Wake up America . . . "The Mexican government has a plan: the ongoing Mexicanization of the United Sates, paid for by Americans. The spectacle of a superpower being colonized by its impotent neighbor is without precedent in modern history. But to nationalist Mexicans nurtured on resentment of the Texas Revolution, Mexican War, and landings at Veracruz, it would be sweet revenge."(31)
2. Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo first took office, in December 1994
Once in office, he warned Washington that his country "is ready to fight" should the United States enforce its immigration laws and tries to deport illegal alien Mexicans. "We will not tolerate foreign forces dictating and enacting laws on Mexicans [in America]." He went on to say that his first steps would be to appeal U.S. actions, to an International forum, should the American government dare to enforce their immigration laws! Now you can understand where Vicente Fox is coming from when he whines and snivels while our State Department and president remain MUTE to their blatant arrogance.
Zedillo also told TV host Larry King Live, that Mexicans "have a RIGHT to free education [in America thanks to judicial legislating from the bench!]." He also said: "Illegal immigrants are not criminals [untrue, they are!]." "Illegal immigration is not a crime [untrue, it is!]." Isn't it incredible, and beyond belief the chutzpa of these Mexican war lords! How audacious can you get? As we now know, it worked . . . because our government 'rolled over' and did EXACTLY what he demanded!(32)(33)
3. In 1996, Mexico amended its constitution, permitting dual citizenship
All naturalized Mexican-American citizens can now avail themselves of dual citizenship, which took effect in 1998.(34) What does that mean? In a Pew Hispanic Center poll of "Attitudes about Voting in Mexican Elections and Ties to Mexico" that surveyed nearly 5,000 Mexican migrants [read that illegal aliens] who were interviewed while applying for identity cards [Matricula Consular cards that only illegal aliens need since those here legally have U.S. government identification documents] at Mexican consulates in the United States has found that . . . [n]early nine out of ten (87%) of the respondents said they would vote in the next Mexican elections if they could!(35)
4. In 2005, Mexico Approved The Right to Vote for All Mexican Nationals!
This means that all Mexican-American citizens, all Mexicans here legally on visas, etc., and all illegal aliens now have the right to vote in the 2006 Mexican presidential elections by absentee ballot. Does that worry you? It should! You should also know that "[t]he Central Mexican state of Zacatecas embraces Mexican 'migrants' as candidates for electoral office. [For example] Andres Bermudez, a wealthy California grower christened the 'Tomato King,' captured a mayoralty [in Mexico]. Two other immigrants garnered seats in the state legislature. Mexican candidates routinely motorcade in the U.S. seeking political support from Mexican-Americans."(36)
Still not concerned? Do you wonder where their loyalties lie? Do you remember how Mexico 'stiffed' us when it came time to join in solidarity over the Afghan and Iraq war? Mexico 'insulted' us in spite of the millions of dollars in aid and financial 'bail outs' America has regularly provided. At every turn . . . Mexico blatantly interferes in our country's affairs, which is a violation of our laws, and no one in our State Department does anything about it! Ever wonder why?
5. Where does a dual citizen's allegiance lie? With America, or Mexico?
The Institute for Mexicans Abroad also known as the Instituto do los Mexicanos en el Exterior (IME) has a stated mandate to attend to the tens of millions of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans who live in the United States as citizens, residents, temporary workers and illegal aliens. It has "an advisory board of 130 members, mostly Mexican-Americans who live in the United States." They 'advise' the Mexican government on how to "improve and expand services and benefits to Mexicans" in America. In October 2003, the IME sponsored a meeting with thirty American state legislators and mayors of Mexican descent in Mexico City, that ended with plans to bring 400 more lawmakers, etc., of Mexican descent from the U.S., to Mexico City in 2004.(37)
6. One of IME's 'collective wins!'
They worked hard in city after city, to gain the acceptance of the Mexican ID called the Matricula Consular card, needed ONLY by illegal aliens, since all others have legal American documents. The Mexican ID in now accepted all over everywhere, after it was approved by US Treasury Dept., over the objections of the Justice Dept. and the FBI. Once again our own government has compromised our security and 'slapped the face' of America's law abiding citizens. What is really interesting is that since it is against the law [who pays attention to law these days?] for a foreign government to 'meddle' in our country's affairs, Vicente Fox has cleverly elicited Mexican-American citizens to do it for him. Shrewd, clever, and diabolical isn't it?(37)
In yet another event we find one of Vicente's Mexican-American 'helpers!' New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, an Hispanic, seen above on the left, as he embraces the governor of the Mexican state of Coahuila, Enrique Martinez, at the end of the 13th conference of Border governors in the city of Torreon, Mexico on Friday July 15, 2005.(38)
6. Mexico's official "National Plan of Development 2001-2006 for Taking Over America
"W. J. Perry in his article titled: The Mexican Government's Official Plan for a Takeover of America says it most succinctly: "This shocking document is a five-year plan full of political rhetoric . . . [that] lays out specific strategies for expanding the nation's political reach far beyond the US-Mexico border. In other words, Mexico is systematically trying to cultivate dual loyalties, i.e., disloyalty, among its ethnic compatriots in America. This is a naked expansion of Mexico's national interest at the expense of ours; the mystery is: Why we are tolerating it?" An excellent question to be explored below!(39)(40)
7. Dixie is overrun by Mexicans and Central Americans
To grasp the enormity of the invasion one has only to look to the South and see how they "have moved into the small towns of Dixie faster than in any other region of the country . . . [where] at the county level, [the increases are] exceeding 1,000 percent in some counties and 500 percent in many others."(41) The question is . . . why have we continued to allow the government of Mexico to execute a de facto war by encouraging tens of millions of their citizens to illegally enter America and then blatantly lobby, protest and provide support for them while our government 'rolls over' and plays dead?
The Mexican illegal alien invasion is an 'act of war' that has reduced our country to nothing but a lawless territory, with little or no sovereignty left! It is absurd for America to continue to live under wave after wave of invading Mexican 'armies' of illegal aliens who will, by their sheer numbers, take over our society, culture and language!
The Following Explains How and Who are Helping Mexico To Win the War. . .
Along with the Hispanic/Latino invasion, we Americans have been 'indoctrinated' and 'brainwashed' by the insidious, ongoing, social engineering 'group think' of 'diversity!' The insane devious 'educational' deception has been enforced through 'sensitivity training!' Through such programming, we are forced to accept and are expected to practice, the doctrine of diversity! For years, we have been coerced into applying and instituting the 'diversity doctrine' everywhere and everyplace.
Why would we be 'brainwashed' into doing such a thing, when one considers that diversity is a dogma that requires us to promote and celebrate an American culture of non-assimilation and non-acculturation. One that encourages people who are dissimilar, unalike, and different from one another, to remain that way. A Machiavellian veneration that is the direct opposite of our world famous 'American melting pot,' a dynamic process that represents the coming together of diverse peoples who willingly assimilate and integrate into our unique, blended American culture!
1. By Colluding with Racist American Hispanics and Groups
Like LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens) Chapter President, Paul Martinez, La Cruces, New Mexico, funded by the corporate dollars of the Ford foundation, who denounce the Minutemen patrols by saying: "They are hiding under the American flag claiming to be good patriots, but they are actually promoting racial hatred."(42) And, Adrian Garcia, a former Houston police officer, said HPD would monitor the Minutemen 'as they would the KKK, as they would the Black Panthers.'"(43) Are you outraged yet? Imagine . . . American patriots that want our country's immigration laws enforced, are branded by well funded Latino and Hispanic groups and Hispanic ex-police officers, as promoting 'racial hatred!' Is that how you see it?
Perhaps you should know that another of the Hispanic/Latino group called MEChA has a motto that says: "For the race everything. For those outside the Race, nothing!" And . . . of course the 'race' they speak of is the Hispanic/Latino.(44) Why do we Americans put up with being called 'racist' and 'anti-immigrant' by the TRULY racist pro-illegal alien Hispanic and Latino organizations, when we demand our immigration laws be enforced against illegal immigrants? Why do we let them get away with such hypocritical accusations?(25)
The National Council of La Raza (The Race - i.e., meaning Hispanics, who are NOT a race), LULAC, MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund), MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan) which translates to Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan, a radical, anti-American, separatist organization, founded in the 1960's, that spouts violent racist rhetoric and consists of more the 300 'chapters' at American schools such as: MIT, Yale, Cornell, Brown and George Washington University, and lastly, the ACLU who is also a pro-illegal alien supporter (See Note 4 below).
ALL the above groups loudly advocate for open borders, protesting and demanding that illegal aliens receive driver's licenses, in-state tuition, and the end to Prop. 200 and 187 like laws! These groups have been absolutely rabid in their attempts to keep our sovereign borders wide open so that people of their race, can enter America with impunity! They demand that those 20-23 million illegal aliens, nearly 90% of whom are Hispanic and Latino, remain here unmolested and protected by 'sanctuary policies,' which they have promoted and gained, as they continue to rail against ANY attempt to stop the massive amounts of 'public benefits' those illegal aliens receive.(10-17)
These groups wage blatant 'in your face' campaigns of disinformation by calling themselves 'immigrant advocacy groups' or 'immigrant-rights groups!' They routinely call legislation that eliminates 'public benefits' for illegal aliens, as "anti-immigrant." You will notice, they NEVER say anti-illegal immigrant. The word "illegal" is NOT part of their vocabulary! Without fail, they deliberately obfuscate by using the term "immigrants" when we all know that the real issue is ILLEGAL immigrants. As usual, the Hispanic and Latino rhetoric and propaganda is deliberately obfuscating, duplicitous, hypocritical and dishonest!
2. Because The Catholic Church 'Aids and Abets' Their 'Migrant Army' of Illegal Aliens
Why do religious institutions, like the Catholic Church defy our immigration laws? Why do they disobey our laws, by enabling millions upon millions of illegal aliens to enter, live and work in America? Do they do so in order to 'feel good' about what they see as their 'Christian duty'? Why do pious people of the Catholic faith believe it is okay for them to defy our laws, which were created to protect and defend our country and its populous? Do they feel that they are above the law? By their example, does that mean that it is okay the rest of us to disobey other laws, as we chose? As you will find below, the 'Catholic Church' DOES believe that it is ABOVE THE LAW!
Most unfortunately, you will also find that the Catholic Church and Charities and many, many of their misguided parishioners are collectively the largest and most blatant illegal alien enablers in this country. They are citizens of the United States who, in direct violation of our federal immigration laws, enable illegal aliens to enter, live and work here in America! Everything they do in the name of their 'Christian beliefs' is a form of sedition that is done in defiance of our immigration laws and without any concern for the harm they are causing the rest of us hard-working, honest, law-abiding, mostly Christian Americans. What they do, by definition, makes them traitors, guilty of treason because they betray their country, and countrymen in order to promote an agenda of aiding and abetting illegal aliens, in direct contravention of our laws.
It is particularly egregious for the Catholic Church and Charities to ignore our immigration laws when it results in such damaging negative effects on the 'quality of life' for the rest of us Americans. What a shameful example they provide for us and our children. Any sanctimonious justifications they might give for their illegal behavior, is unacceptable! What they do, fosters anarchy and chaos, which impacts ALL Americans. Apparently Catholics and other religious organizations who join them, believe they are 'special' people,' when in fact they are criminals who are shamefully and erroneously justifying their behavior by sacrilegiously cloaking themselves in the mantle of Christianity and biblical mantras. Next you will find the list of our immigration laws they willfully and unconscionably defy, with their outrageous illegal behavior!
What IS 'Aiding or Abetting?
To 'Aid or Abet' is to actively, knowingly, or intentionally assist another person in the commission or attempted commission of a crime, such as illegally entering our country without our permission or knowledge, housing them, transporting them, or employing them.(45)
1. It is 'aiding or abetting' to "encourage or induce an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law." 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv).(46)
2. It is 'aiding or abetting' to "conceal or attempt to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, illegal aliens, including any building or any means of transportation." 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(A)(iii).(46)
3. It is also 'aiding or abetting' to "engage in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts." 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(A)(v)(I).(46)
4. It is a felony to 'aid or abet' in the commission of the above acts. 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(A)(v)(II).(46)
Note: A Felony Occurs when the specified crime carries a penalty of more than one year in prison.(47)
Note: For ALL the crimes listed above the maximum penalties range from five to twenty years for EACH VIOLATION, where sentences of more than five years indicate additional aggravating circumstances.
Note: Recent class-action lawsuits have been brought by ordinary citizens against those who 'aid and abet' illegal aliens, under RICO the Racketeer-Influenced and Corrupt Organizations statutes. A significant event because it can mean the awarding of treble damages for the plaintiffs.(48)
Catholic Bishops Seditiously Exhort Members to 'Aid and Abet' Illegal Aliens
In May, 2005, the "U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops announced . . . that it will 'add the voice of the Catholic Church' to the call for a guest-worker program, and a path to citizenship for illegal aliens in the United States."(49) To support that goal the Catholic Church's 'Migration and Refugee Services' has launched a controversial campaign called 'Justice for Immigrants.' However it seems that their campaign apparently does not include obeying the immigration laws of our country! "The campaign hopes to use God's law to replace U.S. Immigration law. The church also wants lawmakers to develop a plan to help bring their families to the U.S. as well."(50)
Do the math! That means if there are 20-23 million illegal aliens here now, that figure of potential influx could quadruple to 80 million if their families are brought in under the 'family reunification's plan that the Catholic Church espouses. In a country where the number of current legal citizens is 296 million . . . those numbers are demographically overwhelming! To understand the depravity of this Catholic dogma, read on . . .
1. Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick, the archbishop of Washington
According to the Washington Times, Cardinal McCarrick, in May of 2005, said that "religious teachings justify aiding illegal aliens" . . . "We go right to the New Testament and say, him or her who is without sin cast the first stone. How many of us have not violated some laws, whatever they might have been -- either they're traffic laws or immigration laws or tax laws, something like that."(49)
Perhaps some have occasionally cheated and done one, or all of the above. Does that justify the call by an archbishop of the Catholic Church to promote and deliberately ignore United States immigration laws? How outrageous can you get? Apparently 'Justice for [Illegal] Immigrants' includes the unspoken mandate of 'In-Justice for Honest, Law-Abiding American Citizens!'
2. What Cardinal McCarrick is advocating, has long been a policy of the Catholic Church.
One that encourages Catholics to, blatantly and with impunity, openly defy our immigration laws. How can the Catholic Church so outrageously announce their defiance of our laws? Could it be that they have a need to fill their church pews and parochial schools with the hordes of illegal alien Hispanic/Latinos arriving here daily, who are predominately Catholic, in order to "breathe new life into [their] parishes" and to "swell [the] local ranks of Catholics?"(51)(52)
Did you know that . . . "nearly 40 percent of the Catholics living in the Untied States are Hispanic, making the constituency a highly important one for the church."(53) Did you know that the Hispanic/Latino population growth rates for some counties in the southeastern United States has exceeded a growth of 500 to 1,000 percent between 1990 and 2000!(41)
In their 'blind ambition' for denominational dominance and economic resuscitation, has the Catholic Church slipped into the abyss of moral turpitude? Has the Catholic Church given up all pretense of holding to 'moral Christian ethics' in order to achieve greater attendance in their schools and churches? Could that explain everything?
3. Or, is it all about a One World Order?
At the first Binational Migration Conference, June 23, 2005, in El Paso, TX that looked at immigration and the Catholic Church where they held closed discussions and workshops with Mexico's Foreign Minister Luis Derbez, U.S. Senator John Cornyn, and Cardinal Theodore McCarrick. Don't you wonder what was discussed? Perhaps the discussion was encapsulated by the speech of McCarrick's that read . . . "our late Pope John Paul II spoke of one continent, of one America joined by common need and common solidarity. This conference is important because we must work together for the common good and to answer the needs of our time and of this new moment of globalization."(54)
Statement made in Mexico as evidenced by the Mexican flag draped behind the Pope.
Well now, there's your answer! According to the late Pope John Paul II and Cardinal McCarrick, it IS all about the One World Order, or as it is currently euphemistically called . . . the New World Order.
4. Mexico's Foreign Minister Luis Derbez
While speaking at that same 2005 Conference Derbez "lamented the poor image of hard-working, honest illegal [isn't that an oxymoron?] immigrants, which is being distorted by vigilante [the outrageous branding of American Patriots, by President Bush, has served the pro-illegal alien crowd well, hasn't it?] groups such as the Minuteman Project in Arizona . . . [t]he show of racism and xenophobia [that's what one is called, when you are an American citizen who insists that the laws of our country be enforced!] of certain individuals against undocumented immigrants [illegal aliens trying to break into America], especially on the border with Arizona, and which threatens to expand, is unacceptable."(55)
5. Cardinal Theodore McCarrick
At that same 'groundbreaking' 1st Binational Migration Conference between U.S. and Mexican Catholic workers, on June 24, 2005, McCarrick said that: "The church in the United States is very, very Hispanic and what a blessing that is. They (Hispanic immigrants) come with the values that are so needed in the United States today."(56)
Yes indeed, just what we need to do, celebrate the Hispanic immigrants' 'values' that just happen to include breaking our immigration laws to enter, reside, travel and work in the United States! Doesn't that make those Hispanic immigrants [read illegal aliens] lawbreakers committing acts that are . . . illegal, illegal, illegal, and illegal? You should also know that the Cardinal's 'Justice for Immigrants' (but not American citizens), plans to "educate and galvanize Catholics," to break our immigration laws, by having priests exhort their Catholic parishioners from their pulpits, to join in the conspiracy to 'aid and abet' those same illegal alien crimes, by committing additional acts that are also illegal, illegal, illegal and illegal!(57)
"The simple truth is clear: We must welcome the stranger [illegal aliens], for in his or her face we see Christ. Sadly, the migration [of illegal aliens] experience today, according to the bishops of both countries, is far from the Kingdom of God that Jesus proclaimed."(56)
Translated, God's Kingdom should supercede America's immigration laws, therefore, by implication our country's immigration laws are to be ignored! It is clear that McCarrick also believes that the church 'faithful' are expected to criminally 'aid and abet' those 'migrant' illegal aliens, all with the church's encouragement and blessings!
What McCarrick's Catholic Church desires is to continue to criminally enable the human tsunami of Hispanic and Latino illegal aliens who are overwhelming our country, until it inevitably divides America into two languages, cultures, and societies. His expectations are that church's 'good Catholics' should 'aid and abet' those illegal Hispanic/Latinos hordes who are balkanizing our cities and towns, degrading and overwhelming our schools, hospitals and jails and draining our 'public benefits' and welfare systems dry! For shame! For shame!
7. Some 67.3 million Catholic faithful are expected to 'aid and abet'
That number of Catholic 'faithful' represents about one-forth of the U.S. population.(58) It is no secret that: "For years, its [Catholic] leaders have supported proposals to give legal status to undocumented workers [illegal aliens] but the new campaign ['Justice for Immigrants' (but not for American citizens)] focuses on the grass roots by, for example, providing outlines of sermons to priests and enlisting Catholic lay groups to promote the church's message [to 'aid and abet' illegal aliens], officials [of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops] said."(59)
McCarrick's 'partners in crime' include: "Bishop James Tamayo of Laredo, TX; Celia Rivas of the Spanish Catholic Center in Gaithersburg, MD; and . . . 20 Catholic organizations, including the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Catholic Charities USA, Catholic Relief Services, and the U.S. Jesuit Conference, to name a few."(57)
8. Another homily by McCarrick, speaking in both Spanish and English
McCarrick says: "When there is a moral issue that concerns so many of our people, [Hispanics and Latinos] we have to speak. This is a special moment in the history of the Catholic church and the history of migration."(56)
Oh yes . . . it certainly is a 'special moment' for which the Catholic Church will be roundly condemned for its 'morally bankrupt' program of fostering the blatant disregard of the immigration laws and sovereignty of the United States of America. It seems that the church has fallen from the pinnacle of moral goodness into the abyss of moral turpitude.
For that . . . the church will be vigorously denounced for its 'slap in the face' to all honest, law-abiding, legal American residents and citizens! A proud moment indeed!
Note 1: All bracketed [ ] notations within the quotes, are added for clarification.
Note 2: All underlining and italics, within the quotes and elsewhere, are done for emphasis.
Note 3: For a list of ALL that the Catholic Charities lobbies for, go here: Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA), News and Facts: Letters [List of Lobbying Letters sent to Congress], Accessed 8/7/05, catholiccharities.org, http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org/news/letters/index.cfm?cfid=560839&cftoken=52547324.
Note 4: For an excellent source on The National Council of La Raza (The Race), LULAC, MALDEF, MEChA, and the ACLU, et al go to: http://www.discoverthenetwork.com/viewGroups.asp?catId=6.
Copyright © Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., 2009, All Rights Reserved
- The Concise Law Encyclopedia, sedition, Accessed March 8, 2006, thelawencyclopedia, http://www.thelawencyclopedia.com/term/sedition.
- Houghon Mifflin, sedition, Accessed March 8, 2006, education.yahoo.com, http://eduation.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/sedition.
- Teresa Watanabe, Immigrants Gain the Pulpit, March 1, 2006, Los Angeles Times, Mahony Photo by Ricardo De Aratanha - LA Times, http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-mahony1mar01,0,4071322.story?coll=la-home-headlines.
- Jessica Garrison and Jason Felch, 'God's Law' Backed After 2 Masses, March 6, 2006, Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com/features/religion/la-me-church6mar06,1,3002277.story?coll=la-news-religion.
- Rosalio Munoz, Cardinal calls for immigrant rights, February 18, 2006, People's Weekly World, http://www.pww.org/article/articleview/8616/1/309.
- Pope Benedictus XVI, Encyclical Letter Deus Caritas Est, of the Supreme Pontiff, Benedict XVI to the Bishops, Priests and Deacons, Men and Women Religious and all the Lay Faithful on Christian Love, December 25, 2005, Given at Rome, St. Peter's, http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/encyclicals/documents/hf_ben-xvi_enc_20051225_deus-caritas-est_en.html.
- The Rutherford Institute, The Rights of Churches and Political Involvement, March 1, 2006, The Rutherford Institute, http://www.rutherford.org/articles_db/legal_features.asp?article_id=141.
- The Rutherford Institute, The Rights of Churches and Political Involvement, March 1, 2006, The Rutherford Institute, http://www.rutherford.org/PDF/rightsofchurches.pdf.
- Minuteman Project, Minuteman founder reacts to Cardinal Mahony's statements on illegal immigration, March 2, 2006, renewamerica.us, http://www.renewamerica.us/news/060302mahony.htm.
- Robert Justich and Betty Ng, CFA, The Underground Labor Force Is Rising To The Surface, steinreport.com, January 23, 2005, http://www.steinreport.com/BearStearnsStudy.pdf.
- Jim McTague, Going Underground: The shadow economy is about to top $1 trillion - at a great cost to many, barron'sonline.com, January 3, 2005, http://www.nbpc1613.org/news/010105_BARRONS_Underground%20Economy.htm.
- Jeffrey S. Passel, Estimates of the Size and Characteristics of the Undocumented Population, The Pew Hispanic Center, March 21, 2005, http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/44.pdf.
- Fred Elbel, Illegal immigration invasion numbers, May 30, 2005, Desert Invasion - U.S., http://www.desertinvasion.us/data/invasion_numbers.html.
- Fred Elbel, How many illegal aliens are in the U.S.?, January 3, 2005, theamericanresistance, http://www.theamericanresistance.com/ref/illegal_alien_numbers.html.
- Lawrence E. Harrison, The silence about immigrants, September 29, 2004, The Boston Globe, http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/09/29/the_silence_about_immigrants/.
- NewsMax.com, Feds Undercount Illegal Aliens, March 16, 2001, theamericanresistance.com, http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/3/15/202322.shtml.
- Letter from Senator John McCain, (4 Million divided by 365 equals 10,000+ per day), dtd. February 10, 2004, http://www.theamericanresistance.com/ref/letter_mccain_2004feb10.html.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Misc. Madness: Gov't 'Aids and Abets' Illegal Aliens (Part 2), December 28, 2005, MichNews.com, http://www.michnews.com/b/article_12_28_05.shtml.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Insanity Reigns: Gov't 'Aids and Abets' Illegal Aliens (Part 1 - Overview), November 14, 2005, MichNews.com, http://www.michnews.com/a/article_11_15_05.shtml.
- Carlos Loret de Mola, The Great Invasion: Mexico Recovers Its Own, July 20, 1982, americanpatrol.com, http://www.americanpatrol.com/RECONQUISTA/GreatMexInvasDeMola820720.html.
- Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Accessed June 15, 2005, azteca.net, http://www.azteca.net/aztec/guadhida.html.
- Monterey County Historical Society, Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Accessed June 15, 2005, mchsmuseum.com, http://www.mchsmuseum.com/treaty.html.
- Map of the Territory of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Accessed June 15, 2005, loc.gov, http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/ghtreaty/ghmap.jpg.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Blatant Racism by the Pro-illegal Alien Crowd (Part 1), April 22, 2005, MichNews.com, http://www.michnews.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/144/7930.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Blatant Racism by the Pro-illegal Alien Crowd (Part 2), May 2, 2005, MichNews.com, http://www.michnews.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/146/8067.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Blatant Racism by the Pro-illegal Alien Crowd (Part 3), June 21, 2005, MichNews.com, http://www.michnews.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/171/8479.
- Mark Stevenson, Fox: Migrants don't want U.S. citizenship, January 9, 2004, sfgate.com, http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/01/09/international2019EST6884.DTL.
- CBS News, Mexico's Take On Immigration Plan, January 7, 2004, cbsnews.com, http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/07/world/printable592046.shtml.
- Frank J. Kelley, Leaders betrayed us by giving illegal aliens rights, August 6, 2005, TheReporter.com, http://www.thereporter.com/letters/ci_2920153.
- William Norman Grigg, The Border War, July 1, 2002, thenewamerican.com, http://www.thenewamerican.com/artman/publish/article_864.shtml.
- Howard Sutherland, Mexico' Northern Strategy, March, 10, 2003, amconmag.com, http://www.amconmag.com/03_10_03/feature.html.
- Yeh Ling-Ling, Mexican Immigration and its Potential Impact on the Political Future of the United States, Winter 2004, The Journal of Social, Political and Economic Studies, Volume 29 Number 4, http://www.diversityalliance.org/docs/article_2004winter.html.
- PravdaSeeker, Race War in the Future for the USA?, Accessed July 31, 2005, rumormillnews.com, http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=39318.
- Embassy of Mexico in Canada, Mexican Citizenship, Accessed August 4, 2005, embamexcan.com, http://www.embamexcan.com/CONSULAR/MexicanCitizenship.shtm.
- Roberto Suro, Survey of Mexican Migrants: Attitudes about Voting in Mexican Elections and Ties to Mexico, March 14, 2005, Pew Hispanic Center, http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/42.pdf.
- Bruce Fein, Dual citizenship folly, March 1, 2005, washingtontimes, http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20050228-084038-7711r.htm.
- Jerry Seper, Mexico lobbies for alien amnesty, March 4, 2004, The Washington Times, http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040304-122246-4433r.htm.
- Juan Manuel Villasenor, Photo of Bill Richardson and Enrique Martinez at Border governors in Torreon, Mexico, July 15, 2005, abcnews.go.com, http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=946948&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312.
- W. J. Perry, The Mexican Government's Official Plan for a Takeover of America, December 12, 2002, propertyrightsresearch.org, http://www.propertyrightsresearch.org/mexican_government.htm.
- Washington Post, National Development Plan 2001-2006, Accessed August 4, 2005, washingtonpost.com, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-adv/specialsales/spotlight/mexico/art4.html.
- Michael Hedges, Hispanic workers changing face of Dixie: Immigrants flock to the rural South by the thousands, The Houston Chronicle, July 27, 2005, http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3283552.
- KVOA News, Some Hispanics decry group's border patrols, June 12, 2005, KVOA.com, http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=3464545.
- Edward Hegstrom, Minutemen critics urge immigration reform: Religious and political leaders say changes would end the appeal of border watchers, July 13, 2005, The Houston Chronicle, http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1441724/posts.
- Stanford University Editorial Board, MEChA: Social Justice Group or KKK?, October 24, 2003, stanfordreview.org, http://www.stanfordreview.org/Archive/Volume_XXXI/Issue_2/Editorial/editorial1.shtml.
- The Concise Law Encyclopedia, Aid and Abet, Accessed September 11, 2005, thelawencyclopedia.com, http://www.thelawencyclopedia.com/term/aid_and_abet.
- United States Code, Title 8 - Aliens and Nationality, Chapter 12 - Immigration and Nationality, Subchapter II - Immigration, Part VIII - General Penalty Provisions, Section 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens, As of January 6, 2003, findlaw.com, http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/casecode/uscodes/8/chapters/12/subchapters/ii/parts/viii/sections/section_1324.html.
- The Concise Law Encyclopedia, felony, Accessed September 11, 2005, thelawencyclopedia.com, http://www.thelawencyclopedia.com/term/felony.
- Leah Beth Ward, Zirkle settles job suit, December 30, 2005, Yakima Herald-Republic, http://www.yakima-herald.com/page/dis/329979269647027.
- Stephen Dinan, Bishops back aid to immigrants, May 11, 2005, The Washington Times, http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20050510-113801-4424r.htm.
- KFOX-TV, Catholics Back Illegal Immigrants?, 2005, kfoxtv.com, http://www.kfoxtv.com/news/4693373/detail.html?rss=elp&psp=news.
- Gary Emerling and Matthew Cella, Immigration boom swells local ranks of Catholics, June 17, 2005, The Washington Times, http://www.washingtontimes.com/metro/20050616-113655-8246r.htm.
- Tara Dooley, Immigrants breathe new life into parishes: Latinos change the face of the congregation at one local longtime Catholic church, June 25, 2005, Houston Chronicle, http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1430920/posts.
- Michelle Mittlestadt, Catholics to promote immigrant value: Church aims to change attitudes, get policy on immigration eased, May 10, 2005, The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/051105dnnatimmigration.960faba5.html.
- Louie Gilot, Conference today examines Catholics and Immigration, June 23, 2005, borderlandnews.com, http://www.borderlandnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050623/NEWS/506230331/1001.
- El Paso Times, Mexican official asked to help stop abuse of hose bound for U.S., June 25, 2005, tucsoncitizen.com, http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.php?page=local&story_id=062505a6_catholics&toolbar=print_story.
- Louie Gilot, Immigration reform church goal, cardinal says, June 24, 2005, El Paso Times, http://www.borderlandnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050624/NEWS/506240376/1001.
- Susan Jones, Catholic Leaders Launch 'Justice for Immigrants' Campaign, May 10, 2005, Cybercast News Service, http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.asp?Page=/Culture/archive/200505/CUL20050510b.html.
- Mary Beth Sheridan, Bishops Change Tactics on Immigrants: Catholic Campaign Seeks Lay Backing, May 11, 2005, The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/10/AR2005051000735.html.
- Michael Fisher, Bishop defends bid to help immigrants. Campaign: The leader of Inland Catholics plays a role in a national drive to change laws, July 8, 2005, The Riverside (CA) Press-Enterprise, http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_C_barnes08.ea7fe.html.
- Gail Oskin, Photo of Ernesto Zedillo taken in 2003, Accessed March 19, 2006, Harvard University Gazette, http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2003/04.10/09-zedillo.html.