Hospitals 'Mugged' by Illegal Aliens
By Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D.
September 16, 2005
"A peaceful mass of people, hardworking, carries out slowly and patiently an unstoppable [illegal alien] invasion, the most important in [Mexico's] human history. You cannot give me a similar example of such a large migratory wave by an ant-like, stubborn, unarmed, [illegal aliens] and carried on in the face of the most powerful and best-armed nation on earth [America]." (1)
"But neither barbed-wire fences, nor aggressive border guards, nor campaigns, nor [un-enforced American Immigration] laws nor police raids [not unless you commit ANOTHER crime] against the undocumented [illegal aliens], have stopped this movement of the masses that is unprecedented in any part of the world [true]." (1)
"In 1950 they were called 'Pachucos' (half-breeds) [then came the 'wetbacks' then the 'braceros']; today they are called 'Chicanos.' They have marked social and family characteristics, agility for adapting to the environment and for conquering a great region [America], once primitive and virgin, that belonged to our fatherland [Mexico] and we lost it [via the surrender Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo after America won the Mexican-American War(2 - 4)]. But it seems to be slowly returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without the firing of a single shot, nor requiring the least diplomatic action [because both presidents, Bush and Fox, have colluded to do so], by means of a steady, spontaneous, and uninterrupted occupation [of America, by Mexico's poorest citizens]." (1)
Astonishing as it may seem . . . the above quotes came from an article written in 1982 and published in a newspaper in Mexico city, considered comparable in stature to the NY Times! Doesn't it 'boggle your mind' that the description quoted above was brazenly announced TWENTY-THREE YEARS AGO? Does it anger you, that the scenario described is a carbon copy of the illegal alien invasion, so clearly evident today? An invasion that the citizens of America have been forced to endure, and which continues unabated today with the tacit approval of our government!
The former president of Mexico, Ernesto Zedillo affirmed the invasion plan in 1997, (eight years ago) following the passage of a Mexican constitutional amendment allowing dual citizenship, when he stated: "I have proudly affirmed that the Mexican nation extends beyond the territory enclosed by its borders, and that Mexican migrants [illegal aliens] are an important - a very important part of it!"(5) Zedillo is, of course, referring to the Mexican invasion of America by 18-20 million illegal aliens, 90% of which are Hispanic and Latino, arriving here at a rate of 10,000 per day."(6 -13)
Even More Arrogantly, Mexico's president Vincente Fox, in a speech given before the 'Club XXI' at the Hotel Eurobuilding in Madrid, Spain on May 16, 2002, (three years ago) discussing what impact the 'nueva agenda global' [new global agenda or 'new world order'] has had on the "large Mexican communities settled in [the United States, consisting of], more than 20 million Mexicans [both American citizens of Mexican ancestry, along with legal and illegal aliens]. In the last few months we have managed to achieve an improvement in the situation of many Mexicans in [the United States], regardless of their [illegal alien] migratory status, through schemes [by using American Laws] that have permitted them access to health and education systems, identity documents [Mexican matricula consular cards that only illegal aliens need], as well as the full respect for their human rights [to invade America illegally]."(14) Has Mexico's blatant arrogance 'got you goat' or 'stuck in you craw,' yet?
While president Bush condemns Mexico for their 'racist' post office stamps, he is totally silent about the massive 'human tsunami' of illegal aliens crushing our country. In fact he supports them: By outrageously and erroneously calling our patriotic Minutemen 'vigilantes;' by identifying illegal aliens euphemistically as 'undocumented' (as if they were just missing some kind of paperwork); and by praising illegals for their 'family values;' all the while constantly proclaiming that "they are here to do the work Americans won't do!"
Eerily similar to the ignored declarations of Osama bin Laden prior to 9/11, our government has once again placed Americans in jeopardy by willfully ignoring the repeatedly stated manifesto of the Mexican government, to send forward millions of their citizens to illegally invade, plunder and 'reconquista' [take back] our country.
Why have we allowed the government of Mexico to execute a de facto war by encouraging tens of millions of their citizens to illegally enter America? The illegal alien invasion is an 'act of war' that has reduced our country to nothing but a lawless territory, with little or no sovereignty left! It is absurd for America to continue to live under wave after wave of invading Mexican 'armies' of illegal aliens who will, by their sheer numbers, take over our society, culture and language! Perhaps it is time for "We the People" to rise up and take back our country!
How Mexico is Waging and Winning the War:
1. By enacting laws that are the inverse of American laws!
For example: Mexico does NOT award automatic citizenship, when you have a baby in Mexico, if you are a foreign national, let alone an illegal alien. Why do we? Mexico does NOT provide a free education for foreign nationals, let alone those who are there illegally.(15) Why do we? Mexico does NOT provide ANY 'public benefits' for foreign nationals, let alone those who are there illegally. Why do we? Mexico does NOT provide free emergency treatment to foreign nationals, let alone illegal aliens. Why do we? In fact, when you need emergency care in Mexico you pay thousands up front, before you receive ANY treatment!(16)(17)
While most Americans 'haven't a clue' and our pathetic government remains aloof and immobile, Mexico enforces laws that are the exact opposite of ours. Outrageously, our government continues to leave our country wide-open to the Mexican invasion plan. A repeatedly declared plan to overrun America, in a human 'tsunami-like' wave after wave of its poorest citizens, who arrive here and suck our schools, jails, health, and welfare systems dry! Mexico is maliciously manipulating our, give-away 'free' society, while Bush 'fiddles.' Wake up America, before it's too late!
2. Give Us Your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled er . . .Sick??
Madeleine Pelner Cosman, Ph.D., Esq., is a California-based medical lawyer and Emerita of City University of New York where she taught medical students. She decries the healthcare giveaway required by our laws that includes more than medicine, such as translators, advocates, lawyers, respite care baby sitters and more, much, much more!
Dr. Cosman claims: "The influx of illegal aliens has serious hidden medical consequences. We [Americans tend to] judge reality primarily by what we see. But [it is] what we do not see [that] can be more dangerous, more expensive, and more deadly than what is seen. [The] [i]llegal aliens' stealthy assaults on medicine, now must rouse Americans to alert and alarm. Even President Bush [erroneously] describes illegal aliens, only as they are seen: strong, physical, laborers who work hard in undesirable jobs with low wages, who care for their families, and who pursue the American dream."(18)
"What is unseen is their free medical care that has degraded and closed some of America's finest emergency medical facilities, and caused hospital bankruptcies: 84 California hospitals [have, or] are closing their doors." "'Anchor babies' born to illegal aliens instantly qualify as citizens for welfare benefits and have caused enormous rises in Medicaid costs and [other] stipends under Supplemental Security Income [SSI] and Disability Income."(18)
"Among the consequences of illegal immigration we can now add the reappearance of infectious diseases long thought eradicated or under control." Along with that problem comes more prolonged and expensive medical care, than in the past. For example, Dr. Reuben Granich has pegged the cost for the current, rampant multidrug-resistant tuberculosis known as MDR-TB at $200,000 to $1.2 million PER PERSON. It also takes three times longer to cure, as opposed to the ordinary TB which costs of $2,000, and takes six months to cure!(19 - 21) And, Dr. Granich "writes that those illegals found to have drug-resistant TB were mostly (84 percent) 'foreign-born' and twice as likely to transmit the disease."(22)
In an interview with Joe Guzzardi, Cosman stated she could "scream" every time she hears that America needs to grant amnesty to illegal aliens so that they "can step out of the shadows" . . . No one is in the shadows! They are openly driving without a license down Main Street to drop their kids off at K-12 schools for an education on our dime. They gather at hiring halls to work off the books. And they sit in the waiting rooms of medical clinics to receive taxpayer-funded treatment for ailments as basic as the common cold. When their medical needs are more serious, they proceed in broad daylight to major area hospitals for advanced treatment. Come one, come all!?(23) That's an accurate description or reality, wouldn't you say?
3. Anchor Babies and Automatic Citizenship:
The Federation for Immigration Reform, (FAIR) "estimated there are currently between 287,000 and 363,000 children born to illegal aliens each year."(24) These children, born to illegal aliens, are called 'anchor babies' because they become 'automatic' American citizens who are now 'anchored' to the United States. As such, they instantly gain access to public benefits, usually Medicaid and SSI, causing enormous rises in the costs to those programs. At age 21, they also have the right to petition our government to bring their families and other relatives to the United States.
Christine Romans on the Lou Dobbs program stated that: "Illegal aliens are eligible for federal funds for prenatal care and childbirth . . . " "Benefits like welfare, food stamps, school lunch programs. And, free education. For example, an illegal couple in California with two anchor babies can get as much as $12,000 in public benefits." "In Arizona, at the Maricopa County Medical Center, an anchor baby is born every three hours. Two out of three births are to illegal aliens, 2,900 each year. It's a huge part of the $28 million overall spent treating illegal aliens at just one hospital."(25) When was the last time your wife, sister, daughter or any other family members received FREE prenatal care and delivery? Illegal aliens, expect to, and get, what you and your family cannot, and to add 'insult to injury,' their babies are paid for by YOU!
According to the Washington Post: "In July 2004, Hispanics numbered 41.3 million out of a [United States official] national population of nearly 293.7 million. . . . In the 1990s they accounted for 40 percent of the country's population increase. From 2000 to 2004, that figure grew to 49 percent." That figure probably does not include the 18-20 million illegals living here now, nor any of those that will continue to pour over our southern border, unchecked by our government. The Washington Post also reports that "new [legal] immigrants are now outnumbered by babies born in the United States . . . and: One in five children under 18 is Hispanic, according to the census figures. However, given the fact that the Census Bureau uses outdated methodologies to collect their data and routinely under-estimates their figures, the TRUE figures may be even higher!(26)
Harry P. Pachon, president of the Tomas Rivera Policy Institute, a California think tank states that: "There are more Hispanics in Cook County, Chicago, than in Arizona or Colorado or New Mexico."(27)
William H. Frey, visiting fellow at the Brookings Institute stated that: "Fifteen counties in the United States reported having more than half of all births to an immigrant mom. The leader [of the pack] was the borough of Queens, in New York City, with 67.7 percent. Other top homes to second-generation Americans included Los Angeles, with 56.3 percent, Miami-Dade County, with 58.9 percent, and Orange County, Calif., with 54.3 percent." "The greatest changes in recent years have come in places like Gwinnett County, Ga., a part of metropolitan Atlanta that has seen its Hispanic population soar over the past decade. In 1990, about 9.3 percent of all children born in the county had a mother born outside the United States. By 2002, [in just 12 years] that number had jumped to 41.3 percent."(28)
According to Dr. Cosman: "In 2003 in Stockton, California, 70 percent of the 2,300 babies born in San Joaquin General Hospital's maternity ward were anchor babies . . . [and] in 1994, 74,987 anchor babies [were born] in California . . . [and] constituted 36 percent of all Medi-Cal births [California State Insurance]. Now they account for substantially more than half."(18)
There are some in the U.S. Congress who have tried repeatedly to pass a simple amendment to the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1102). That same bill, has been re-introduced in the 109th Congress as H. R. 698. The express purpose of the bill is "to deny automatic citizenship at birth to children born in the United States to parents who are not citizens or permanent resident aliens."(29) Simple and straightforward, isn't it? One more thing . . . it is interesting to note that NONE of the countries in the European Union provides 'birthright citizenship' to illegal aliens. The last to end the practice was Ireland, in 2004. Oh, by the way . . . Mexico does NOT grant automatic citizenship to its illegal aliens! Why do we?
As you may know . . . if H. R. 698 is ever passed into legislation and signed by the president, it will most certainly be challenged in the courts. The issue will revolve around the Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution. The prior court rulings, that gave illegal aliens the 'birthright citizenship' for their babies, was another example of 'legislating from the bench.' A well reasoned, and historically based, argument to that court decision can be found here: (30)
4. Who Fights to Get Illegals FREE Medical Care?
According to Dr. Cosman: "Among the organizations directing illegal aliens into America's medical systems, are the Ford Foundation-funded [MALDEF] Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, the National Immigration Law Center [NILC], the American Immigration Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association's Commission on Immigration Policy, Practice, and pro bono, the Immigrant Legal Resource Center, the National Council of La Raza [The Race], George Soros's Open Society Institute, the Migration Policy Institute, the National Network for Immigration and Refugee Rights and the Southern Poverty Law Center [SPLC]. And there are more."(18)
After the 1996 Welfare Reform reduced all welfare payments to all recipients nationwide, the NICL together with the ACLU and MALDEF, managed to restore to its constituency, mostly Hispanics and Latinos, legal AND illegal immigrants some $12 billion in SSI income and more than $800 million in food stamps.(18)
Who qualifies for SSI . . . according to Cosman "popular disabilities include alcohol or drug addition and the almost impossible to prove was 'post traumatic stress syndrome'." She also claims that the SSI benefits is a fraud-driven system that allows access to cash benefits using a "simple three-step process: (1) undertake the apparently easy task of finding an unscrupulous physician (preferable one of your own ethnicity) to 'confirm' your 'symptoms;' (2) submit [your] bogus paperwork to the nearest SSI office, and [then]; (3) proceed to your mailbox to pick up your monthly check."(23)
Aiding and Abetting Illegals is Against the Law! Has any of the above mentioned lawyers ever been prosecuted, under the following immigration law, for aiding and abetting illegal aliens to reside in the United States:
United States Code: Title 8 - Chapter 12 - Subchapter II - Part VIII - Section 1325 - Improper Entry by Alien:
(a) Criminal Penalties:
5. Sick Illegal Aliens Sit Next to Your Child at School:
(1)(A) Any person who -
(iv) encourages or induces an alien to enter or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residency or will be in violation of law; or
(B) A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs -
(v)(I) engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or
(II) aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts, shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B).
(i) in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i) or (v)(I) or in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), or (iv) in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.(31)
According to Cosman: "Many illegals who skulk across our borders have tuberculosis (TB)" It is a disease that was essentially eradicated here in America. "TB's swift, deadly return now is lethal for about 60% of those infected. The culprit is the new Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR-TB)." . . . " [The] Indiana School of Medicine, in 2001, studied an outbreak of MDR-TB traced to illegal aliens from Mexico." Get used to this shorthand MDR-TB you will see it a great deal in the future!(32)
Why is that important for you to know? Because according to Cosman: "Virulent TB outbreaks afflicted school teachers and children in Michigan and adults and kids in Texas. The teachers and kids caught it at school from coughing children of Illegal Aliens. In Minnesota, policemen suddenly came down with MDR-TB. The cops caught it in their patrol cars when they arrested Illegal Aliens who coughed in their faces. Recently TB erupted in Portland, Maine, and Del Ray Beach, Florida."(32)
"Leprosy . . . was so rare in America that, in 40 years, only 900 people were afflicted. Suddenly in the past three years, America has more than 7,000 cases of leprosy." Now endemic in the northeastern states, brought there by "Illegal Aliens and other immigrants . . . from India, Brazil, the Caribbean, and Mexico."(32)
"Another disease carried into our schools is hepatitis 'A' and over 100,000 cases have migrated into our country from illegal aliens. . . . If your child sits in a classroom with illegal aliens, your child is at risk and so are you."(33)
"Malaria was obliterated but now is re-emerging in Texas and other states. No mosquito that bites a person infected with malaria checks identification papers before biting another person to transmit [the] debilitating fever." . . . "Illegal Aliens secret in their bodies invisible, deadly time bombs. Homeland Security ignores these lethal weapons of health destruction."(32)
6. Schools 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' if Sick Child is Illegal:
"There is no way to know if that student or that student's family have had required health screening. Schools in the metro-Phoenix area have reported cases of TB as well as meningitis. School districts will not disclose the nationality or legal status of any infected child and cite the patient's privacy as the reason."(34) What about our 'right to know' and protect our children. Have we no rights anymore?
So how does a parent know if the non-English-speaking student sitting next to their child in class is a carrier of TB, leprosy, Chagas or any other parasitic disease . . . or, if the worker that prepares your child's cafeteria food is ill; or if the caretaker at you child's day care center has TB . . . or, if the help or patrons at your kids local McDonalds are carriers? How do you know . . .? YOU DON'T! Ask your government why the borders are still wide open to these illegal aliens, who do not receive the required health check normally given, when foreign aliens come here legally!
7. Uninsured Does NOT Mean Lack of Medical Care:
"Between 1998 and 2003, immigrants represented 86% of the growth in the number of people lacking insurance. At least a quarter of all immigrants are estimated to be undocumented [illegal aliens] with the largest group coming form Mexico."(35) Gee, isn't that surprising?
Why is there such a high percentage of immigrants lacking insurance? Because under the Emergency Medical Treatment Act and Active Labor Act [EMTALA] of 1985, hospitals are required to treat the uninsured without reimbursement! And the Hispanic underground word-of-mouth knows their 'rights!' "What is unseen is [that] their [illegal aliens] free medical care has degraded and closed some of America's finest emergency medical facilities, and caused hospital bankruptcies: 84 California hospitals [have, or] are closing their doors." In the ten years between 1993 and 2003, SIXTY California hospitals have already closed and another twenty-four are on the verge of closure.(18)
To add 'insult to injury' our, "[g]overnment imposes viciously stiff fines and penalties on any physician and any hospital refusing to treat any patient that a zealous prosecutor deems an emergency patient, even though the hospital or physician screened and declared the patient's illness or injury non-emergency. But government pays neither hospital nor physician for treatments. In addition to the fiscal attack on medical facilities and personnel, EMTALA is a handy truncheon with which to pummel politically unpopular physicians by falsely accusing them of violating EMTALA."(18)
The Tale of 'Ricardo' the Illegal Alien Caught Crossing the Rio Grande: "After he was caught, he was taken to a detention center where he suffered a heart attack [at age 43] and was treated at a Harlingen hospital. But immigration authorities balked at paying for heart surgery and released him, advising him to seek treatment on his own [in Honduras where he came from]. Instead . . . "[s]till weak, he made his way to Houston [how did he get there? It's nearly 300 miles from Harlingen to Houston] and eventually to Ben Taub General Hospital, where he underwent [FREE] heart surgery."(36)
Would you be able to have 'heart surgery' for FREE? The cost is around $50,000 for such surgery. Actually YOU helped pay for 'Ricardo's' surgery with your tax dollars and higher insurance premiums or hospital costs if you pay out-of-pocket! Will the insanity ever end??
"Ricardo [now lives, illegally] in one of the [Casa Juan Diego] homes [where he is 'aided and abetted' in violation of our immigration laws, by funding from the Catholic community of Houston] and hopes to regain his strength following his heart surgery. When he does, he will work [illegally] as an electrician or painter and begin to send money back to Honduras, where his wife is trying to care for their [six] children, he said through a translator"(36) Can you afford to have six children? Just curious!
The "Florida Hospital Association polled its member hospitals in 2002, it received 700 reports of uninsured non-citizens who ran up bill totaling more than $40 million . . . In counties that border Mexico, hospitals and ambulance services estimated that they spent more than $200 million in 2000 caring for undocumented [illegal] immigrants who were uninsured."(37) Does 'uninsured' also mean unable to pay?
The 'heartland' is also not spared. "Immigrants have been streaming into southwest Kansas for years, attracted by jobs in the region's meatpacking plants. In Dodge City, 30 percent to 40 percent of patients arriving at the emergency room of the Western Plains Medical Complex are undocumented [illegal] immigrants . . . Truman Medical Center estimates it spends at least $500,000 a year providing dialysis for EIGHT kidney patients, all undocumented [illegal] or resident immigrants who do not qualify for public programs such as Medicaid."(37) Heard enough yet!? Fed up enough to do something about it? But, what can you do? Only you know!
8. Illegals Demand AND Get Free Interpreters at Hospitals:
"An immigrants' advocacy group [is that legal or illegal immigrants or both?] asked the state [of New York] . . . to take legal action [just what they need more costs to pass on to YOU!] against four metropolitan area hospitals for failing to provide interpreters for emergency patients who don't speak English well." Three of the four hospitals, which were part of the same network, deputed their claims stating: "Our hospitals freely provide community outreach, health screenings and assessments and culturally directed services [whatever that means], . . . the three hospitals together have 10,000 bilingual staff members who are listed in a language bank, . . . and 24-hour telephone interpretation service in 125 languages.(38)
You should note that when Hispanics picket those hospitals, part of their loudly announced demands ALWAYS include more bi-lingual staff. Read that . . . 'hire more Hispanics!' Many qualified hospital job applicants are rejected for employment because they don't speak Spanish, here, in our ENGLISH speaking country of America! Sad, but true!
"Rick Evans, director of the Volunteer & Patient Centered Services, [at Columbian Presbyterian] who oversees interpreter services . . . has seven Spanish interpreters devoted to the emergency room . . . seven others are dispatched to other departments within the hospital. . . . [They] receive nearly 300 formal requests per day for interpreters . . . 90% of the requests are for Spanish speakers. . . the hospital [annually] spends $2 million for interpreter services alone."(39)
The Hispanic 'gimmie' society strikes again! Instead of employing the centuries-old tradition of bringing along with them, a friend, a neighbor, a church or family member who speaks English to do the translating, they come instead with their 'informed' demands, that the law requires those services be provided to them. They often come prepared with written threats of prosecution, if they are not afforded an interpreter! Americans are offended by these 'cry-baby' Hispanics, who are balkanizing our country and insultingly maintaining their totally Spanish speaking enclaves . . . where people live for decades and never learn to speak English!
Hispanics never learn English because they watch Spanish language TV, listen to Spanish language radio, and read Spanish language newspapers and magazines. They receive their utility bills and phone books in Spanish. Their local stores display Spanish language signage. And recently, adding 'insult to injury,' many of the big nationwide chain stores, including Wal-Mart, Sears, Lowe's and Home Depot, etc., are pandering to these same insular Hispanics, by posting Spanish in-store signs! Do those nation-wide stores know how OFFENSIVE it is to many Americans, that our country's native language is being undermined by those very same chain stores we have been loyal to all of our lives!
"In the past several years, big U.S. consumer companies -- banks, insurers, mortgage lenders, credit-card outfits, phone carriers, and other -- have decided that a market of 11 million or so potential customers [in reality 18-20 million and perhaps more] is simply too big to ignore. It may be against the law for the Valenzuelans [illegal aliens] to be in the U.S. or for an employer to hire them, but there's nothing illegal about selling to them."(40) Of course it doesn't matter that is morally wrong and in contravention of our immigration law which clearly states that such actions are 'aiding an abetting' illegal aliens. Fortunately, there may be a 'day of reckoning' coming . . .
A group called Friends of Immigration Law Enforcement (FILE), which opposes illegal immigration has "threatened to sue the bank [New South Federal Savings Bank in Birmingham Alabama] under a federal law that prohibits the harboring of illegal aliens and racketeering. By providing mortgage loans that help illegals buy houses, says FILE Executive Director Craig Nelsen [an American Patriot], New South is aiding their ability to remain [here] illegally. In June, the bank delayed a broad rollout of Casa Mia [loan program] pending a legal opinion on potential liability."(40) Aaaahhhh, doesn't that make your heart sing! Finally, patriotic lawyers trying to enforce our laws, a job our government won't do!
"In Wisconsin, the state [government] housing agency's decision to help banks lend to illegal immigrants has set off a fierce debate in the state Senate over whether these [illegal alien] newcomers should benefit from programs designed for legal residents. The initiative has also spurred banks in other states to kick off similar programs." (41)
In Milwaukee, Mitchell Bank attempting to attract those illegal aliens to their bank "offered pamphlets on how to apply for a Wisconsin state ID and driver's license, and invited the Mexican consulate in Chicago to visit with a mobile unit that issue a 'matricula' [consular] cards, another form of identification [that only illegal aliens need], issued by the Mexican government and often accepted by banks."(41)
Michael Frias, an FDIC official in Chicago, said: "Our job is to encourage banks to lend and invest in underserved markets, . . . We don't make distinction of immigration status."(41)
What to do about those chain stores, banks, mortgage lenders, and state agencies, etc., that are facilitating the balkanization of our country? We need to chastise them! Complain to the management, in the stores where you shop. Write, call, fax or email their corporate offices. Complain to local, state and national governance. Tell them that they are undermining the unity of our county by promoting the divisive use of a second language. Point out the problems that Canada has with the French speaking province of Quebec. Tell them how unhappy you are that they have chosen to pander to the Hispanic community. A community that is emboldened and supported by ALL the major national Hispanic organizations who's racist agenda includes, incessantly and vehemently: Endorsing and promoting open borders and the massive illegal Hispanic invasion of our country; while constantly and arrogantly promoting bi-lingualism!(42)
For those whiners and complainers, many of which get FREE medical care, it would seem that the BEST solution to the lack of FREE interpreters, . . . is to learn English! Or . . . let's see some of those 'family values' that George Bush claims the Hispanics have, and have them scout up a family member, etc., to help translate. Wouldn't it be interesting to see how quickly they would come up with someone to help them, if they had to PAY for their translating services? Just think . . . the cost of those services provided FREE to them, are then added to YOUR medical bills the next time you need medical care.
The United States government is just as guilty of facilitating non-English speakers, because they provide bi-lingual education, interpreters, multi-lingual personnel and forms, any time, any place and everywhere . . . including voting ballots, driver's licenses, Social Security paperwork, etc. Automated telephone services ask you to 'Press 1 for English' then babble on in Spanish. Our national unity exits because ALL of our citizens speak ONE common language. However, that unifying force of a single common ENGLISH language, is now being threatened by a constant never ending chorus of Hispanic demands for Spanish language interpreters, bi-lingual teachers, bi-lingual (read Hispanic) nurses, and government employees.
Whipped to Hispanic 'nirvana' by years of massive indoctrination called 'cultural sensitivity training,' and a forced acceptance of diversity . . . which mean diverse, separate and not a 'melting pot' . . . has created an American society dominated by pc (i.e., political castration)! Our country has regularly capitulated to Hispanic demands which will forever alter our nation's health, social, political, law-enforcement, economic and educational institutions, in much than same manner as our government, banks and shopping malls have already done! When will Americans start fighting back and DOING something to stop the insanity? Only you know!
9. Border States Salivate over Medicare $$$ for Illegals:
What's wrong with these headlines: (1) Feds to fund migrant care; (2) Hospitals glad to get immigrant health aid; (3) Feds will pay hospital bills of undocumented patients? Figure it out yet? Notice that NONE the headlines say ILLEGAL as in ILLEGAL 'migrant' or ILLEGAL 'immigrant' or ILLEGAL ALIEN 'patients!'(43 - 45)
OK . . . now what's wrong with these headlines: (1) U.S. to help cover health costs of illegals: Providers in state to divvy up $71 million for emergency care; (2) U.S. Government to Help Fund Hospital Care for Illegal Aliens; (3) Feds to pay for treating ailing illegal immigrants; (4) U.S. to Pay Hospitals for Illegals' Care; (5) Texas ERs will get funds from feds: $46 million is to cover costs for illegal immigrants; (6) Southland facilities are expected to receive $35million to help cover the cost of treating uninsured illegal immigrants; (7) Payments to Help Hospitals Care for Illegal Immigrants?(46 - 52)
Did you happen to notice that NONE of the headlines said that the U.S. TAXPAYERS PAY! Just exactly who are the 'Feds,' the 'US Government,' and the 'U.S.' The U.S. is US . . . the taxpayers of this country. Not some benign behemoth called the Federal Government of the United States! And, compounding the 'felony,' is the fact that the money is being RAIDED from Medicare funds, thanks to an amendment attached to the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003. The attached amendment has absolutely nothing to do with the Medicare Drug Benefits the 'Act' was enacted to cover.(47) That's ONE BILLION DOLLARS of your money that will paid out of YOUR Medicare funds to provide FREE illegal alien emergency care. Do you get FREE emergency room care?
Did you know that, along with the illegal aliens 'emergency care' comes the cost of "translators, advocates, and middlemen supplied by immigrants' civil rights groups or by Medicaid. MediCal in 2003 had 760,000 illegal aliens, up from 2002 when there were [only] 470,000. Supplemental Security Income [SSI] is a non-means-tests federal grant of money and food stamps. People qualify easily. Scams, frauds, and cheats are rampant. In one clinic, 300 people [were] diagnosed as 'mildly mentally retarded' [coincidentally . . . they] all had the same translator, same psychiatrist, same symptoms, and [a] similar stipend."(18)
According to FAIR (Federation for American Immigration Reform): "Emergency room visits increased by 20% in the last decade. The problem has become so out of control that some Mexican ambulance companies are now instructing their drivers to drive uninsured patients across the border to the United States, where they will receive free treatment."(53)
Besides the 18-20 million illegal aliens, the bad news is . . . "[h]ospitals can claim reimbursement from treating not just undocumented [illegal alien] patients, but the more then 6 million Mexican holders of laser visas or border-crossing cards."(44) The good news is . . . "the new billing system will give [medical] care providers a more accurate accounting of how much is spent nationwide on the care of undocumented [illegal] immigrants,"(43)
10. Hospitals Want Medicaid Dollars But Don't Want to Ask If Illegal:
"California hospitals are eligible for 70 million dollars a year to pay for hospital care for illegals, Texas 46 million and Arizona 45 million, but the Government has instructed hospitals not to directly ask if a patient is illegal, and hospital associations and immigrant groups had strongly lobbied against it [asking if they are illegal aliens], saying sick and injured illegals would be afraid to seek care."(54) Afraid to seek care? That's NOT believable!
"Janet Murgola, National Council of la Raza [the Race] says asking any questions about [legal] status turns emergency room personnel into immigration officials."(54) American taxpayers wish that were true!
Mark McClellan, administrator of the federal Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services said: "We are not asking directly about citizenship, . . . We are asking for some information, which will help us determine payments in a less intrusive way.(51) Aawww, isn't that nice, sweet and adorable! We wouldn't want to hurt their sensibilities just because they have broken our immigration laws, invaded our sovereignty, balkanized our cities and towns, and overrun our hospitals, schools and jails. They aren't supposed to be here in our country, they are getting FREE medical care that we citizens can't get for ourselves and are forced to pay for theirs, but we can't say: Are you here legally? Golly, gee that would infringe on their sensibilities!! What about OUR sensibilities? Why don't we have a 'seat at the table' when these policies our created? Why is it only the promoters of illegal aliens that get that opportunity? If you want to get even angrier, read on . . .
Here's How Hospitals Will Determine If Illegal Aliens are Illegal: "If immigration status is uncertain, the hospital must first ask whether a patient is eligible for Medicaid [that's a program that is rampant with fraud], [or] the federal-state health program for low-income for legal U.S. residents [that many state welfare agencies have a policy of "don't ask, don't tell" about legal status and non-profits have a legal right to not ask], Then, staffers must ask whether the patient entered the country under a program that allows a temporary stay. Finally, the hospital must look for other indicators, such as foreign identification papers or a fake Social Security number."(51) If all of that ridiculous blather isn't pc (political castration) run amuck, what ever IS? What have we come to in this supposed 'nation of laws,' that asking if a person is here legally or not . . . is NOT PERMITTED!! Insanity reigns!
"[Illegal] Immigrant advocates objected to the questions. Oh, isn't that surprising! "They said the government should use statistical methods to allocate the money and avoid questions that may deter some people from going to the emergency room."(51) Translated, that means . . . just come up with some numbers and give us the money! We don't want the government or anyone else to FINALLY find out just how badly we are overrun with illegal aliens.
More pc Blather:
"Jeff Dye, president of the New Mexico Hospitals and Health Systems Association said hospitals don't want to become Border Patrol agents by asking questions of immigrants. Determining eligibility (for federal funds) [that's 1 billion dollars of your tax money] is the really sticky point for hospitals."(55) What's 'sticky' about it? For whom is it 'sticky?' These hospitals want to be 'bailed our' using our tax dollars, but want to continue to ignore the illegal alien problem. And we let them!
Don May, a vice president for policy at the American Hospital Assn., said he was fairly sure that hospitals will not be turned into immigration offices."(51) Too bad they're not, we could deport them instead of footing their medical bills.
US Davis Medical Center in Sacramento CFO William McGowan: "Asking questions now to determine citizenship would put some of our patients through a lot of hoops to get what amounts to not that much money from the feds." . . . "That's not nearly enough money for us to even consider doing something, [that] for me personally, raises an ethical red flag." An ethical 'red flag' that doesn't waiver or flinch, when using taxpayer dollars for providing care to lawbreakers. How many 'hoops' do you jump through in order to 'ante' up those tax dollars?(56)
Jonathan Blazer, a 'public benefits' policy attorney, National Immigration Law Center (no ax to grind here) has said: "The policy did not go far enough to protect patients from having to answer questions pertaining to their immigration status . . . We fear that patients will be wrongly made to feel as it they were placing themselves at risk for using [free to illegal aliens, but not to you] health services."(57)
Tanya Broder, an attorney with the National Immigration Law Center in Oakland, Calif, (no ax to grind here either) stated that: "We believe this program will undermine efforts to ensure that all members of the community can seek the health care they need."(58) Except for those of you hardworking, tax paying, folks!
Want to bet that the illegal alien underground network already knows and communicates to all, their 'rights' to FREE medical care, and if they don't, there are plenty of local, state, the federal government websites, pamphlets, and notices, as well as Mexican comic books, to inform them of their 'rights!'
Matt Onstott, deputy director of Medicaid at the Human Services Department, said that "the state [of New Mexico], in 2004, reimbursed patients for $6.3 million in care under the emergency Medicaid program. Patients seeking reimbursement under that program are not asked for immigration documents."(58) Well, well, well, little did we know that, contrary to federal immigration law, illegal aliens DO receive welfare and public benefits from funds, most Americans believe are held in trust for use only by LEGAL American citizens and immigrants.
11. Once Eradicated Diseases Returning Via Illegal Aliens:
Illegal immigrants, unlike those who enter our country legally, never undergo any medical screening to make certain they are not carrying contagious diseases. As such, the 18 - 20 millions illegal aliens in our country, have triggered a resurgence of contagious diseases that had been totally or nearly eradicated, by our public health system.
Phyllis Schlafly claims "Alien Diseases Threaten Us All!" She goes on to say that "7,000 cases of leprosy have been diagnosed, especially in the northeastern states, brought in by illegal aliens from India, Brazil, the Caribbean, and Mexico." Chagas disease, until recently, unknown in America, is caused by a parasite that produces "neurological disorders including dementia, obstruction of the colon and esophagus, and damage to the heart muscle. There is no effective cure, and up to 40% die when their hearts or intestines explode." "Health officials estimate as many as 100,000 Latin American residents in the U.S. may carry the parasite. More than 16 million people are said to be infected with the parasite in Central and South America."(59)
Ms. Schlafly goes on to say that: "Dengue Fever, another very rare disease, recently had a virulent outbreak in a Texas county on our southern border." And . . . "West Nile Virus was unheard of in the United States prior to 1998. Brought to our country from Africa, this mosquito-borne disease now infects tens of thousands of people in 21 states, and many have died." "Malaria had been obliterated from the U.S., but is now reemerging in Texas." "Since 1991, the U.S. hasn't had a case of a native-born American getting Polio (except from the oral polio vaccine) but aliens are bringing back polio, too."(59)
Steve Pfeifer, head of statistics and epidemiology at the National Hanson's [Leprosy] Disease Program states that: Leprosy patients from Mexico, "may now be coming to the U.S. specifically to seek treatment. They're coming to be treated because they get treatment free and probably get better treatment here. Somebody down there diagnoses them and says, 'Hey, you've got leprosy, and your best course of action is probably high-tailing to the U.S." "Pfeifer said he had not made an official report on the trend for fear that anti-immigrant groups would call for a crackdown on centers providing free care for illegal aliens." Oooohhhh, he meant to say 'anti-ILLEGAL-immigrant groups' would call for a crackdown!(60)
Of course they would . . . any sane Americans would complain! Why wouldn't we outraged when we are being placed in jeopardy by contagious illegal aliens, and by fools like him? Why would Mr. Pfeifer 'aid and abet' illegal aliens by hiding the truth, when as a epidemiologist he knows full well, they could spread leprosy to all of us? Only he knows the answer to that question, and, he should be asked!
Mr. Pfeifer goes on to say: "We've even had a couple of patients from Cuba who were put on a boat by Castro just to get them out of the country -- they made their way here through Mexico and Central America basically just to get treated. We treat them; our job isn't to be immigration police, he added."(60)
"Contagious diseases are entering the United States because of immigrants, illegal aliens, refugees and travelers, and the World Health Organization officials say the worst could be yet to come." "People, in general, bring in diseases from their home countries. But I don't want to say all immigrants are carrying diseases, said Dr. Walter Tsou, president of the American Public Health Association." For example: "Hepatitis B is a 'very common epidemic in Asia' and more than half of the 1.3 million cases in this country are among Asians, who make up only 4 percent of the U.S. population."(61) Well now, we certainly wouldn't want to point to any one ethnic group as being responsible for a major outbreak of hepatitis, because that would not be pc, and anyone that had the 'guts' to say that would probably be accused of being a racist or xenophobe!
Ms. Schlafly's admonition to the American people is: "Think about the entry into our country of these deadly and expensive time-bomb diseases every time you breathe the air in public places or are attacked by mosquitoes in your backyard. Think about this every time you pay [your] income and property taxes . . . [for a mandate that requires] all hospitals [to] treat all illegal aliens who show up in at the Emergency Room. Think about these costs when you find the maternity wards filled by illegal [alien] pregnant women giving birth to 'anchor babies' who are granted instant U.S. citizenship plus generous welfare benefits for the newborn and the whole illegal family."(59)
12. Another Lie Exposed . . . Illegals DO Get Welfare:
Umberto (a fictitious name) is an illegal alien mechanic in California who has five 'disabled' children. Two have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, one has oppositional defiant disorder combined with obsessive-compulsive disorder, and two are autistic. Gee . . . why didn't he and his wife stop at two, or even three children? The answer is, because all five children receive California government-supplied medications. The two autistic children each have 'shadows' or personal attendants [no cost mentioned] AND in addition, they receive an 'individual education program' for about $30,000 per year, each." The 'frosting on the cake' is the "Umberto and his wife dine out once a week, thanks to California-provided respite-care babysitters!"(18)
Then there is Cristobal Silverio and his wife Felipa who arrived here illegally with three children ages 19, 12 and 8. Felipa then gave premature birth to Flor, an instant US citizen 'anchor baby' who spent three months in the hospital at a cost of $300,000 (unpaid by the parents). Their illegal alien daughter and illegal alien husband, also produced an 'anchor baby' name Esmeralda. Then Felipa had ANOTHER 'anchor baby' named Cristian. Why would Cristobal and Felipa who had grown children making 'grand babies' have still another child? Because, while Cristobal and Felipa earn $18,000 a year picking fruit (which is NOT a year round job) they also receive another $1,000 a month for their asthmatic Flor and perfectly healthy Cristian. That's why! Could they continue to live and California on $18,000 per year in income WITHOUT the welfare they receive for their 'anchor babies?' That's the question that needs to be asked, and answered!(18)
As the American patriot Congressman Elton Gallergly, once said: "The more we become a nation of illegal immigrants, the deeper we fall into anarchy."
What Can be Done to Stop the Invasion?
These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph. --Thomas Paine --
- Demand that the military be used to close the borders!
- Demand the enforcement of ALL immigration laws!
- Require immediate deportation of ALL illegal entries and visa overstays in our custody.
- Require ALL employers to use the Social Security Verification System for ALL hires.
- Deny ALL illegal alien births 'automatic citizenship.'
- Deny ALL illegal aliens a FREE K-12 education.
- Deny ALL illegal aliens ANY and ALL 'public benefits.'
- Deny ALL illegal aliens driver's licenses and in-state college tuition.
- Deny ALL illegal aliens FREE emergency medical care.
- Verify ALL voter's citizenship, before permission to vote.
Note 1: All bracketed [ ] notations within the quotes are added for clarification.
Note 2: All underlining and italics, within the quotes and elsewhere, are done for emphasis.
Note 3: For an excellent source on The National Council of La Raza (The Race), LULAC, MALDEF, MEChA, and the ACLU, et al go to: http://www.discoverthenetwork.com/viewGroups.asp?catId=6.
Copyright © Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., 2009, All Rights Reserved
- Carlos Loret de Mola, The Great Invasion: Mexico Recovers Its Own, July 20, 1982, americanpatrol.com, http://www.americanpatrol.com/RECONQUISTA/GreatMexInvasDeMola820720.html.
- Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Accessed June 15, 2005, azteca.net, http://www.azteca.net/aztec/guadhida.html.
- Monterey County Historical Society, Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Accessed June 15, 2005, mchsmuseum.com, http://www.mchsmuseum.com/treaty.html.
- Map of the Territory of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Accessed June 15, 2005, loc.gov, http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/ghtreaty/ghmap.jpl.
- The American Resistance, Transcripts of audio clips on the true agenda of The Race Industry, Accessed March 24, 2005, theamericanresistance.com, http://www.theamericanresistance.com/race_industry/true_agenda_transcript.html.
- Robert Justich and Betty Ng, CFA, The Underground Labor Force Is Rising To The Surface, steinreport.com, January 23, 2005, http://www.steinreport.com/BearStearnsStudy.pdf.
- Jim McTague, Going Underground: The shadow economy is about to top $1 trillion - at a great cost to many, barron'sonline.com, January 3, 2005, http://www.nbpc1613.org/news/010105_BARRONS_Underground%20Economy.htm.
- Jeffrey S. Passel, Estimates of the Size and Characteristics of the Undocumented Population, The Pew Hispanic Center, March 21, 2005, http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/44.pdf.
- Fred Ebel, Illegal immigration invasion numbers, May 30, 2005, Desert Invasion - U.S., http://www.desertinvasion.us/data/invasion_numbers.html.
- Fred Ebel, How many illegal aliens are in the U.S.?, January 3, 2005, theamericanresistance, http://www.theamericanresistance.com/ref/illegal_alien_numbers.html.
- Lawrence E. Harrison, The silence about immigrants, September 29, 2004, The Boston Globe, http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/09/29/the_silence_about_immigrants/.
- NewMax.com, Feds Undercount Illegal Aliens, March 16, 2001, theamericanresistance.com, http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/3/15/202322.shtml.
- Letter from Senator John McCain, 4 Million divided by 365 equals 10,000+per day, dtd. February 10, 2004, http://www.theamericanresistance.com/ref/letter_mccain_2004feb10.html.
- William Norman Grigg, The Border War, July 1, 2002, thenewamerican.com, http://www.thenewamerican.com/thn/2002/07-01-2002/vol8no13_border.htm.
- Mark Stevenson, 74 American kids found in Mexico schools, December 9, 2004, seattlepi.nwsource.com, http://minutemanhq.com/html/december_16__2004.html.
- The Penn Online, Mexico demands cash up front for emergency medial treatment of American!, March 21, 2005, alipac.us, http://alipac.us/article286.html.
- Brian Brueggemann, Another American Charged $5,000 in advance for emergency care in MEXICO!, January 16, 2005, allipac.us, http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=288.
- Madeleine Pelner Cosman, Ph.D., Esq., Illegal Aliens and American Medicine, Spring 2005, Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, http://www.jpands.org/vol10no1/cosman.pdf.
- Investor's Business Daily, Give Us Your Sick, June 23, 2005, biz.yahoo.com, http://biz.yahoo.com/ibd/050623/issues01.html?.v%.
- Jessica Frickey, Multi-drug resistant TB persists in California, June 7, 2005, eurekalert.org,
- Jennifer Harper, TB seen in many aliens, study says, June 8, 2005, washingtontimes.com, http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20050608-122811-2326r.htm.
- Cal Thomas, Illegal immigration a medical threat, June 15, 2005, myrtlebeachonline.com, http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/sunnews/news/opinion/11899397.htm.
- Joe Guzzardi, Immigration: "We must not misconstrue generosity with surrender." - Madeleine Cosman, March 15, 2005, vdare.com, http://vdare.com/guzzardi/050315_cosman.htm.
- Federation for American Immigration Reform, Anchor Babies: The Children of Illegal Aliens, June 13, 2004, http://www.fairus.org/news/NewsPrint.cfm?ID=1190&c=13.
- Christine Romans, Anchor Babies Provide Loophole for Illegals, March 30, 2005, Lou Dobbs transcripts.cnn, http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0503/30/ldt.01.html.
- NewsMax.com, Feds Undercount Illegal Aliens, March 16, 2001, theamericanresistance.com, http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/3/15/202322.shtml.
- D'Vera Cohn, Hispanic Growth Surge Fueled by Births in U.S., June 9, 2005, washingtonpost.com, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/08/AR2005060802381.html.
- David B. Caruso, Births to foreign-born mothers on the rise, study finds, July 7, 2005,The Associated Press,
- House of Representatives, H. R. 698, February 9, 2005, theorator.com, http://www.theorator.com/bills109/hr698.html.
- P.A. Madison, MA, The UnConstitutionality of Citizenship by Birth to Non-Americans, February 1, 2005, theamericanresistance, http://www.theamericanresistance.com/issues/anchor_babies_unconstitutionality.html.
- U.S. Code : Title 8 : Section 1324, Bringing in and harboring certain aliens, January 6, 2003, caselaw.lp.findlaw.com, http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/casecode/uscodes/8/chapters/12/subchapters/ii/parts/viii/sections/section_1324.html.
- Madeleine Cosman, Ph.D., ESQ, America Welcomes Illegals' Contagious Diseases, April 26, 2005, http://www.rense.com/general64/ill.htm.
- Frosty Wooldridge, Illegal immigration education meltdown in America, January 10, 2005, alipac.us, http://www.alipac.us/article157.html.
- Linda Bentley, Cries of racism can't explain away impacts of illegal aliens - Crime, disease, drugs, health care and education costs staggering, Accessed March 13, 2005, sonorannews.com, http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/cries.htm.
- Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar, Immigrants Represent Most of Rise in Numbers of Uninsured: Foreign-born citizens account for 86% of the increase, a study find. Some Say a solution to healthcare would need to address immigration., June 14, 2005, latimes.com, http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-immigrants14jun14,1,3157696,print.story?coll=la-headlines-nation.
- Bill Murphy, Hospital district struggles with burden from beyond it borders: Funds fall short even as the cost of caring for those outside the county and nation soars, March 1, 2005, chron.com, http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/page1/3061783.
- Alan Bavley, When uninsured immigrants are hurt, who pays?, March 24, 2005, kansascity.com, http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/11205057.htm.
- Richard Pyle, Immigrant advocates seek NY state action on patients' language barrier, April 21, 2005, newsday.com, http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--hospital-language0421apr21,0,7554051.
- Leslie Casimir, Visitor to Wash. Hts. hosp lost in translation, June 16, 2005, nydailynews.com, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/story/319421p-273169c.html.
- Business Week, Embracing Illegals: Companies are getting hooked on the buying power of 11 million undocumented [illegal] immigrants, July 18, 2005, businessweek.com, http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_29/b3943001_mz001.htm.
- Miriam Jordan, Banks Open Doors to New Customers: Illegal Immigrants -- With Help From Government, Mortgage Lenders Tap Growing Hispanic Market -- A Fight in Wisconsin's Senate, July 8, 2005, The Wall Street Journal, http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB112078718392080419,00.html.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Blatant Racism by the Pro-illegal Alien Crowd (Part 3), June 21, 2005, StopTheNorthAmericanUnion.com, http://www.StopTheNorthAmericanUnion.com/Racism3.html.
- Billy House and Susan Carroll, Feds to fund migrant care: $45 Million to reimburse Arizona hospitals, May 10, 2005, http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0510reimburse10.html.
- Herman Rozemberg, Hospitals glad to get immigrant health aid, May 11, 2005, The San Antonio (TX) Express News, http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/medical/stories/MYSA051105.1B.hospitals_immigrants.260ac9fd1.html.
- Louie Gilot, Feds will pay hospital bills of undocumented patients, May 11, 2005, El Paso Times, http://www.borderlandnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050511/NEWS/505110325/1001.
- Tyche Hendricks, U.S. to help cover health costs of illegals, May 10, 2005, The San Francisco Chronicle, http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/05/10/MNGSCCMILO1.DTL.
- Diane M. Grassi, U.S. Government to Help Fund Hospital Care for Illegal Aliens, May 31, 2005, magic-city-news, http://magic-city-news.com/article_3957.shtml.
- Jane Erikson, Feds to pay for treating ailing illegal immigrants, May 10, 2005, Arizona Daily Star, http://www.dailystar.com/dailystar/allheadlines/74372.php.
- Kevin Freking, U.S. to Pay Hospitals of Illegals' Care, May 9, 2005, The Associated Press, http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/09/AR2005050900945.html.
- Michael Hedges and Todd Ackerman, Texas ERs will get funds from feds: 46 million is to cover costs for illegal immigrants, May 10, 2005, Houston Chronicle, http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/page1/3174630.
- Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar, Southland facilities are expected to receive $35 million to help cover the cost of treating uninsured illegal immigrants, May 10, 2005, Los Angels Times, http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-uninsure10may10,1,5470646.story.
- Robert Pear, Payments to Help Hospitals Care for Illegal Immigrants, May 10, 2005, New York Times, http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/10/politics/10health.html.
- FAIR (Federation for American Immigration Reform), The Sinking Lifeboat: Uncontrolled Immigration and the U.S. Healthcare System - Executive Summary, Accessed April 19, 2005, fairus.org, http://www.fairus.org/news/NewsPrint.cfm?ID=2380&2=55.
- WLNS News, Illegal Aliens Put Strain on US Hospitals, June 19, 2005, wlns.com, http://www.wlns.com/Global/story.asp?S=3492569.
- Associated Press, Hospitals to ask migrants for documents to get funds, June 13, 2005, scsun-news.com, http://www.scsun-news.com/artman/publish/article_5964.shtml.
- Lisa Rapaport, Illegal immigrant funds a hospital balancing act, May 29, 2005, The Sacramento Bee, http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/medical/story/12974785p-13821790c.html.
- Vesna Jaksic, Officials fear $1M in hospital funding may scare away some immigrants, June 5, 2005, http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/local/scn-sa-immigrants.6.5ktjun05.story.
- KVOA Eyewitness News, Hospital to ask immigrants for documents for federal funding, June 12, 2005, http://kvoa.com/global/story.asp?s=3464537&ClientType=Printable.
- Phyllis Schlafly, CAFTA Is a Bad Deal for the United States: Alien Diseases Threaten Us All, June, 2005, ealgeforum.org, http://www.eagleforum.org/psr/2005/june05/psrjune05.html.
- Ben Whitford, Leprosy in America: new cause for concern, March 15, 2005, jscms.jm.columbia.edu, http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2005-03-15/whitford-americanleprosy.
- Joyce Howard Price, Disease, unwanted import, February 13, 3005, The Washington Times, http://washingtontimes.com/specialreport/20050212-112200-6485r.htm.