Catholic Church & Charities ~ Preach & Practice Sedition
By Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D.
March 20, 2006
The debate continues to rage over Cardinal Mahony's instructions to his priests to ignore future immigration laws while cloaking his justification in biblical verse. He is not the first to do so. Cardinal McCarrick, the archbishop of Washington, DC, has also made a similar claim about current immigration laws. It is this author's opinion that such exhortations are prima facie evidence of preaching and practicing sedition. It is further suggested that the rampant, willful continuance of unlawfully 'aiding and abetting' illegal aliens by the Catholic Church, Catholic Charities and others, is ALSO a form of sedition.
Just what IS sedition?
Sedition is a United States "federal crime of advocacy of insurrection against the government [such as the call to defy our laws announced by Cardinal Mahony] OR support for an enemy of the nation during time of war, by speeches [preaching], or publications [informational packets] and organization [Banding together ~ participating in the coalition]. Sedition usually involves actually conspiring to disrupt the legal operation of the government [as in advocating the willful disobeyance of our laws] and is beyond expression of an opinion or protesting government policy [as in willfully 'aiding and abetting' illegal aliens].(1) "Sedition is conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of a state [as preached by Father Gutierrez]."(2)
"Wading back into the growing debate over illegal immigration, Cardinal Roger M. Mahony on Tuesday [2/28/06] denounced what he called 'hysterical' anti-immigrant sentiment sweeping California and the nation."(3)
"In his most forceful comments to date, Mahony said he would instruct his priests to defy legislation 'if approved by Congress' that would require churches and other social organizations to ask immigrants for legal documentation before providing assistance and penalize them if they refuse to do so. That provision was included in the immigration bill [H.R. 4437] recently passed by the House of Representatives; a similar proposal is in the version that the Senate Judiciary Committee plans to begin debating this week."(3)
It seems that many Catholics, especially the church hierarchy, have openly preached and advocated sedition. Cardinal Mahony does so when he calls for Catholics to disobey laws that the government may enact to stop illegal immigration. The Cardinal seems to have forgotten the teachings of the bible concerning respect for the law of the land: Romans 13:1-2 . . . "let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore he who resists the authorities resists what God has appointed . . . "
Obeying Cardinal Mahony's exhortations encouraging the promotion of sedition . . . a priest at the "St. Anne Catholic Church in Santa Monica on Sunday, [a] Father Michael Gutierrez clearly relished the chance to declare that his church would welcome immigrants regardless of any laws Congress may pass. 'This is not our law,' he said. 'We follow God's law'."(4) That is about as clear as it gets, to engaging in sedition.
Cardinal Mahony's Seditious Political Agenda . . .
In pursuing his political agenda . . . "Mahony announced that 'the Catholic Church and many other organizations, and immigrants rights advocates . . . are banding together to protect the rights of all [except for taxpayers] . . . . to see that it [HR 4437] does not go beyond the Senate,' and that the Senate passes measures to increase legalization rights for [illegal] immigrants [meanwhile 'trampling' on your rights to be free from invasion]"(5)
In addition, Cardinal Mahony announced that "he has sent informational packets to all parishes on how to preach, teach and lobby on the issue. He said he also planned to step up his personal political advocacy, starting with a letter to California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a Senate Judiciary Committee member and opponent of large-scale guest-worker [amnesty] programs outside agriculture."(3)
Along with Mahony . . . "The United States Catholic Conference of Bishops is participating in the Coalition for Comprehensive Immigration Reform, which includes hundreds of labor, civil rights, faith, community and business groups. It opposes HR 4437 and supports legislation that would provide legalization of 'undocumented' [illegal alien] workers."(5)
Mahony Also Disobeys the Pope . . .
Apparently Cardinal Mahony and the US Bishops hadn't read the Pope's Encyclical from Christmas 2005 where Pope Benedict XVI clearly ordered the Church to stay out of politics. The call by Mahony to engage in politics is in disobeyance of the Pope's Encyclical Letter, Deus Caritas Est of 12/25/05 where he states: "Fundamental to Christianity is the distinction between what belongs to Caesar and what belongs to God . . . The just ordering of society and the State is a central responsibility of politics . . . The Church cannot and must not take upon herself the political battle to bring about the most just society possible . . . The direct duty to work for a just ordering of society, on the other hand, is proper to the lay faithful. As citizens of the State, they are called to take part in public life in a personal capacity."(6) Since Cardinal Mahony is not laity, his preaching and political activism and organizational efforts are in violation of the Pope's Encyclical.
Mahony and His Co-Conspirators Endanger the Church's Non-Profit Status
Perhaps the Bishops and Cardinals of the Catholic Church should also keep in mind that they are a non-profit which allows them to avoid paying any taxes as long as they abide by certain rules and laws. Their political activities put the Church in jeopardy because they are ALSO flagrantly disobeying the rules for their 501(c)(3) status.
According to the Rutherford Institute: "Since the passage of the Sixteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution, which authorized Congress to impose a federal income tax, Congress has consistently granted churches and religious organizations special exemptions from paying taxes and for receiving tax-deductible contributions. However, if a church or religious organization wishes to qualify for and maintain this tax-exempt status, it must abide by the restrictions in political and legislative activities established in section 501(c)(3) of the internal Revenue Code of 1986 (as amended) .2 Section 501(c)(3) includes two stipulations: first, no substantial part of the organization's activities may consist of carrying on propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation; and second, the organization may not participate in political campaigning in opposition to, or on behalf of, any candidate for public office."(7) The rule of thumb for violation of a non-profit status is that if more than 5% of staff, time, effort or dollars is involved, it is against the law.(8)
Sadly, Cardinal Mahony Attacks the Minutemen
"There is enormous ignorance out there," said Mahony, disputing as "myths" accusations that undocumented immigrants take jobs from Americans or don't pay taxes. "This is a teachable moment to help people understand that all of us are immigrant people."(5) What is he going to 'teach': that illegal aliens DON'T take jobs from Americans and that they ALL pay taxes? That is absurd on its face. There is no evidence to support such a 'teachable' claim. In fact there is a MOUNTAIN of evidence to support the exact opposite.
"Mahony also criticized efforts by the Minuteman Project and other [illegal] immigration control groups to police the border, saying that such efforts were a misguided reaction to national security concerns."(3)
Jim Gilchrist, founder of the Minuteman Project, replied by saying: "As a Catholic, it troubles me to have to say that Cardinal Mahony is just flat wrong . . . First of all, he seems to not understand the difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration . . . It discredits the church and brings shame to parishioners to say we are not going to follow the laws of the United States -- the most accepting nation on earth. What would happen if every church decided to only follow the laws with which they agreed?"(9)
"Those hit hardest by illegal immigration are the poor who are squeezed from the job market. Meanwhile, the middle class see their tax burden skyrocket to pay for education and healthcare for illegal immigrants. It is the church's flock that has to foot the bill and they are unlikely to be receptive to paying higher taxes to satisfy Cardinal Mahony's political agenda . . ."(9)
"Gilchrist also disagreed with the Cardinal's statement that illegal immigration opponents are 'hysterical': It is emphatically not 'hysterical' to want to stop the flow of drugs streaming across our borders, not to mention ending the murders and rapes which are a regular occurrence -- and it is irresponsible to suggest it is."(9)
"The Catholic Church is a worldwide institution. If this were only about helping the needy as the Cardinal claims, that could just as easily be done in any of the other of the dozens of nations illegal aliens come to America from . . . One thing the Cardinal is right about: There is enormous ignorance out there. But this time it just happens to be coming from the church."(9)
Sedition's Other Aspect . . . A De Facto War with Mexico
Sedition also involves support for an enemy of our nation. You may believe that aspect of sedition is not applicable concerning the Catholic Church because we are not 'at war' with most of those countries from which illegal aliens originate. There are currently 23 million illegal aliens occupying our country today with 10,000 more A DAY entering America.(17) Of those 23 million illegaIs, 90% are mostly Catholic Hispanics, 65% of whom originate from Mexico. These are the illegal alien 'migrants' or 'immigrants,' that the Catholic Church and Charities 'aids and abets.'
One does wonder if 23 million Hindus or Muslims or Jews were to illegally invade America would the Catholic Church still be loudly advocating for 'Welcoming the Stranger' and 'Justice for [illegal alien] Immigrants'? It should also not be forgotten that some miniscule number of the remaining 10% of the 23 million DOES include Muslim illegal aliens from countries with whom we are currently 'at war,' as announced by our government.(10-17)
The mere FACT that 65% of the 20 million Hispanic illegals are Mexican (approximately 13 million) represents a demographic that is prima facie evidence that we are engaged in a de facto 'war' with Mexico. An asymmetric war that has been waged for more than two decades against our sovereign nation, maliciously and deviously by Mexico. During that time, the Catholic Church has functioned as a 'fifth column' by facilitating our enemies and seditiously 'aiding and abetting' their presence in America.(18) Lest you think we are not 'at war' with Mexico, read on . . .
1982 'Mexican Manifesto' Calls for 'Migrant Army' to Reconquista America
Because of the enormous size of the invasion, you cannot compare America's 'human tsunami' of illegal immigration with any other country in the world! The current number of illegal aliens is 20-23 million or more, and counting! The fact that our government has allowed these illegal aliens to overwhelm our country is so outrageous and egregious, that it boggles the mind! With nearly 90% of the illegals, Hispanics and Latinos, and 65% of those are Mexican, they WILL, by their sheer numbers, irrevocably alter our American community. They will divide our nation into two languages, two cultures, and two societies.(19)
Seemingly unaware of the danger, domesticated and pacified Americans, brainwashed by the 'cult of diversity,' have blindly embraced a multi-cultural concept, which by definition engenders a society that is divergent, different, and disparate, the exact inverse of our national motto -- E pluribus Unum. Out of many, ONE!
The 'Mexican Manifesto' was brazenly announced in a prominent Mexico City newspaper in 1982. It was very eerily 'Osama like,' in that the invasion plan is NOW, TODAY, so diabolically clear to all. Mexico has planned and then executed a 'stealth war' by invasion and colonization of the United States of America.
Incredibly, the invasion plan is a carbon copy of the illegal alien invasion and balkanization that American citizens have been forced to endure for more than two decades. It is a de facto war . . . "existing or being such in actual fact though not by legal establishment, [or by] official recognition." Now, in 2006 there is overwhelming evidence that we are being invaded by a foreign country, as was declared in 1982 by the following Mexican Manifesto:
"A peaceful mass of people [illegal aliens], hardworking, carries out slowly and patiently an unstoppable [illegal alien] invasion, the most important in [Mexico's] human history. You cannot give me a similar example of such a large migratory wave by an ant-like, stubborn, unarmed, [illegal aliens] and carried on in the face of the most powerful and best-armed nation on earth [America]."(20)
But neither barbed-wire fences, nor aggressive border guards, nor campaigns, nor [unenforced American Immigration] laws nor police raids [not unless you commit ANOTHER crime] against the undocumented [illegal aliens], have stopped this movement of the masses that is unprecedented in any part of the world [true].(20)
In 1950 they were called 'Pachucos' (half-breeds) [then came the 'wetbacks' and then the 'braceros']; today they are called 'Chicanos.' They have marked social and family characteristics, agility for adapting to the environment and for conquering a great region [America], once primitive and virgin, that belonged to our fatherland [Mexico] and we lost it [via the surrender Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo after America won the Mexican-American War(21)(22)(23)]. But it seems to be slowly returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without the firing of a single shot, nor requiring the least diplomatic action [because both presidents, Bush and Fox, have colluded to do so], by means of a steady, spontaneous, and uninterrupted occupation."(20)
The Mexican invasion of America as a de facto war has been carefully planned, artfully directed and arrogantly executed, without a single change or deviation from the original 1982 manifesto! All the while our government, from the president on down, has allowed this massive invasion to continue for TWENTY-FOUR YEARS! Insanity reigns!
While most Americans 'haven't a clue' and our pathetic government remains aloof and immobile, Mexico enforces its immigration laws. Outrageously, our government deliberately continues to leave our country wide-open to the Mexican invasion plan. It is a 'Mexican Manifesto' that is being executed before our very eyes as they overrun America, in a human 'tsunami-like' wave after wave of its poorest citizens, who arrive here and suck our schools, jails, health, and welfare systems dry! Mexico is maliciously manipulating our give-away 'free' society, while Bush 'fiddles.' They are NOT just coming here to do the jobs Americans won't do . . . they are coming here to TAKE OVER AMERICA!
How Does Mexico Wage Their War? Here's How . . .
1. The ultimate goal of the Hispanic/Latino pro-illegal alien lobby, in collusion with the Mexican government, is to leverage their massive illegal alien population to achieve the political power necessary to reconquista (take back) the Southwestern United States of America. Their goals are very clear. In order to grow their political clout, they want to stop or eliminate any and all actions that might end the inflow of some 10,000 illegals per day, while they blatantly espouse and support the massive illegal alien invasion of our country!(14)(17) Racism is defined in Webster's as a program or practice that upholds the political or economic domination of one race over another or others. Sadly, the goals of the Hispanic/Latinos here in America, working in concert with the Mexican government are without doubt, the purist form of racism there is!(24)(25)(26)
2. Vicente Fox, president of Mexico has declared that: "What they [illegal immigrants] are interested in is in having their rights respected." "These workers are not going to become American citizens, nor do they want U.S. citizenship."(27) Fox has also said "it is his government's ultimate goal to try to give all Mexicans living and working illegally in the United States 'all the rights that any worker has in that country'."(28) And: "My people are not doing anything wrong or breaking any laws, nor are they 'illegal aliens' [what is he smoking?]. They are Mexican citizens migrating north looking for work."(29)
Fox has also stated that: "In the last few months we have managed to achieve an improvement in the situation of many Mexicans [in the United States], regardless of their migratory [illegal alien] status, through schemes [by using American Laws] that have permitted them access to health and education systems, identity documents [Mexican matricula consular cards that only illegal aliens need], as well as the full respect for their human [illegal alien] rights [to illegally invade America and have us pay for it]."(19)(30)
Wake up America . . . "The Mexican government has a plan: the ongoing Mexicanization of the United Sates, paid for by Americans. The spectacle of a superpower being colonized by its impotent neighbor is without precedent in modern history. But to nationalist Mexicans nurtured on resentment of the Texas Revolution, Mexican War, and landings at Veracruz, it would be sweet revenge."(31)
3. Mexican President Ernesto Zedillo first took office, in December 1994, after which he warned Washington that his country "is ready to fight" should the United States enforce its immigration laws and tries to deport illegal alien Mexicans. "We will not tolerate foreign forces dictating and enacting laws on Mexicans [in America]." He went on to say that his first steps would be to appeal U.S. actions, to an International forum, should the American government dare to enforce their immigration laws! Now you can understand where Vicente Fox is coming from when he whines and snivels while our State Department and president remain MUTE to their blatant arrogance.
Zedillo also told TV host Larry King Live, that Mexicans "have a RIGHT to free education [in America thanks to judicial legislating from the bench!]." He also said: "Illegal immigrants are not criminals [untrue, they are!]." "Illegal immigration is not a crime [untrue, it is!]." Isn't it incredible, and beyond belief the chutzpa of these Mexican war lords! How audacious can you get? As we now know, it worked . . . because our government 'rolled over' and did EXACTLY what he demanded!(32)(33)
4. In 1996, Mexico amended its constitution, permitting dual citizenship for all naturalized Mexican-American citizens which took effect in 1998.(34) What does that mean? In a Pew Hispanic Center poll of "Attitudes about Voting in Mexican Elections and Ties to Mexico" that surveyed nearly 5,000 Mexican migrants [read that illegal aliens] who were interviewed while applying for identity cards [Matricula Consular cards that only illegal aliens need since those here legally have U.S. government identification documents] at Mexican consulates in the United States has found that . . . [n]early nine out of ten (87%) of the respondents said they would vote in the next Mexican elections if they could!(35)
5. In 2005, Mexico Approved The Right to Vote for All Mexican Nationals! This means that all Mexican-American citizens, all Mexicans here legally on visas, etc., and all illegal aliens now have the right to vote in the 2006 Mexican presidential elections by absentee ballot. Does that worry you? It should! You should also know that "[t]he Central Mexican state of Zacatecas embraces Mexican 'migrants' as candidates for electoral office. [For example] Andres Bermudez, a wealthy California grower christened the 'Tomato King,' captured a mayoralty [in Mexico]. Two other immigrants garnered seats in the state legislature. Mexican candidates routinely motorcade in the U.S. seeking political support from Mexican-Americans."(36)
Still not concerned? Do you wonder where their loyalties lie? Do you remember how Mexico 'stiffed' us when it came time to join in solidarity over the Afghan and Iraq war? Mexico 'insulted' us in spite of the millions of dollars in aid and financial 'bail outs' America has regularly provided. At every turn . . . Mexico blatantly interferes in our country's affairs, which is a violation of our laws, and no one in our State Department does anything about it! Ever wonder why?
6. Where does a dual citizen's allegiance lie? With America, or Mexico? The Institute for Mexicans Abroad also known as the Instituto do los Mexicanos en el Exterior (IME) has a stated mandate to attend to the tens of millions of Mexicans and Mexican-Americans who live in the United States as citizens, residents, temporary workers and illegal aliens. It has "an advisory board of 130 members, mostly Mexican-Americans who live in the United States." They 'advise' the Mexican government on how to "improve and expand services and benefits to Mexicans" in America. In October 2003, the IME sponsored a meeting with thirty American state legislators and mayors of Mexican descent in Mexico City, that ended with plans to bring 400 more lawmakers, etc., of Mexican descent from the U.S., to Mexico City in 2004.(37)
7. One of IME's 'collective wins' included the acceptance of the Mexican ID called the Matricula Consular card, needed ONLY by illegal aliens, since all others have legal American documents. The Mexican ID is now accepted all over everywhere, after it was approved by US Treasury Dept., over the objections of the Justice Dept. and the FBI. Once again our own government has compromised our security and 'slapped the face' of America's law abiding citizens. What is really interesting is that since it is against the law [who pays attention to law these days?] for a foreign government to 'meddle' in our country's affairs, Vicente Fox has cleverly elicited Mexican-American citizens to do it for him. Shrewd, clever, and diabolical isn't it?(37)
In yet another event we find one of Vicente's Mexican-American 'helpers!' New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, an Hispanic, embracing the governor of the Mexican state of Coahuila, Enrique Martinez, at the end of the 13th conference of Border governors in the city of Torreon, Mexico on Friday July 15, 2005.(38)
8. Referring to Mexico's official "National Plan of Development 2001-2006," W. J. Perry in his article titled: The Mexican Government's Official Plan for a Takeover of America says it most succinctly: "This shocking document is a five-year plan full of political rhetoric . . . [that] lays out specific strategies for expanding the nation's political reach far beyond the US-Mexico border. In other words, Mexico is systematically trying to cultivate dual loyalties, i.e., disloyalty, among its ethnic compatriots in America. This is a naked expansion of Mexico's national interest at the expense of ours; the mystery is: Why we are tolerating it?" An excellent question to be explored below!(39)(40)
9. Dixie may have the answer . . . it is overrun by Mexicans and Central Americans who "have moved into the small towns of Dixie faster than in any other region of the country . . . [where] at the county level, [the increases are] exceeding 1,000 percent in some counties and 500 percent in many others."(41) The question is . . . why have we continued to allow the government of Mexico to execute a de facto war by encouraging tens of millions of their citizens to illegally enter America and then blatantly lobby, protest and provide support for them while our government 'rolls over' and plays dead?
The Mexican illegal alien invasion is an 'act of war' that has reduced our country to nothing but a lawless territory, with little or no sovereignty left! It is absurd for America to continue to live under wave after wave of invading Mexican 'armies' of illegal aliens who will, by their sheer numbers, take over our society, culture and language!
The Following Explains How and Who are Helping Mexico To Win the War . . .
Along with the Hispanic/Latino invasion, we Americans have been 'indoctrinated' and 'brainwashed' by the insidious, ongoing, social engineering 'group think' of 'diversity!' The insane devious 'educational' deception has been enforced through 'sensitivity training!' Through such programming, we are forced to accept and are expected to practice, the doctrine of diversity! For years, we have been coerced into applying and instituting the 'diversity doctrine' everywhere and everyplace.
Why would we be 'brainwashed' into doing such a thing, when one considers that diversity is a dogma that requires us to promote and celebrate an American culture of non-assimilation and non-acculturation. One that encourages people who are dissimilar, unalike, and different from one another, to remain that way. A Machiavellian veneration that is the direct opposite of our world famous 'American melting pot,' a dynamic process that represents the coming together of diverse peoples who willingly assimilate and integrate into our unique, BLENDED American culture!
1. By Colluding with Racist American Hispanics and Groups
Like LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens) Chapter President, Paul Martinez, La Cruces, New Mexico, funded by the corporate dollars of the Ford foundation, who denounce the Minutemen patrols by saying: "They are hiding under the American flag claiming to be good patriots, but they are actually promoting racial hatred."(42) And, Adrian Garcia, a former Houston police officer, said HPD would monitor the Minutemen 'as they would the KKK, as they would the Black Panthers'."(43)
Are you outraged yet? Imagine . . . American patriots that want our country's immigration laws enforced, are branded by well funded Latino and Hispanic groups and Hispanic ex-police officers, as promoting 'racial hatred!' Is that how you see it?
Perhaps you should know that another of the Hispanic/Latino group called MEChA has a motto that says: "For the race everything. For those outside the Race, nothing!" And . . . of course the 'race' they speak of is the Hispanic/Latino.(44) Why do we Americans put up with being called 'racist' and 'anti-immigrant' by the TRULY racist pro-illegal alien Hispanic and Latino organizations, when we demand our immigration laws be enforced against illegal immigrants? Why do we let them get away with such hypocritical accusations?(25)
The National Council of La Raza (The Race - i.e., Hispanics who are NOT a race), LULAC, MALDEF (Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund), MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan) which translates to Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan, a radical, anti-American, separatist organization, founded in the 1960's, that spouts violent racist rhetoric and consists of more the 300 'chapters' at American schools such as: MIT, Yale, Cornell, Brown and George Washington University, and lastly, the ACLU who is also a pro-illegal alien supporter (See Note 4 below).
ALL the above groups loudly advocate for open borders, protesting and demanding that illegal aliens receive driver's licenses, in-state tuition, and the end to Prop. 200 and 187 like laws! These groups have been absolutely rabid in their attempts to keep our sovereign borders wide open so that people of their race, can enter America with impunity! They demand that those 20-23 million illegal aliens, nearly 90% of whom are Hispanic and Latino, remain here unmolested and protected by 'sanctuary policies,' which they have promoted and gained, as they continue to rail against ANY attempt to stop the massive amounts of 'public benefits' those illegal aliens receive.(10-17)
These groups wage blatant 'in your face' campaigns of disinformation by calling themselves 'immigrant advocacy groups' or 'immigrant-rights groups!' They routinely call legislation that eliminates 'public benefits' for illegal aliens, as "anti-immigrant." You will notice, they NEVER say anti-illegal immigrant. The word "illegal" is NOT part of their vocabulary! Without fail, they deliberately obfuscate by using the term "immigrants" when we all know that the real issue is ILLEGAL immigrants. As usual, the Hispanic and Latino rhetoric and propaganda is deliberately obfuscating, duplicitous, hypocritical and dishonest!
2. Because The Catholic Church 'Aids and Abets' Their 'Migrant Army' of Illegal Aliens
Why do religious institutions, like the Catholic Church defy our immigration laws? Why do they disobey our laws, by enabling millions upon millions of illegal aliens to enter, live and work in America? Do they do so in order to 'feel good' about what they see as their 'Christian duty'? Why do pious people of the Catholic faith believe it is okay for them to defy our laws, which were created to protect and defend our country and its populous? Do they feel that they are above the law? By their example, does that mean that it is okay the rest of us to disobey other laws, as we chose? As you will find below, the Catholic Church DOES believe that it is ABOVE THE LAW!
Most unfortunately, you will also find that the Catholic Church and Charities and many, many of their misguided parishioners are collectively the largest and most blatant illegal alien enablers in this country. They are citizens of the United States who, in direct violation of our federal immigration laws, enable illegal aliens to enter, live and work here in America! Everything they do in the name of their 'Christian beliefs' is a form of sedition that is done in defiance of our immigration laws and without any concern for the harm they are causing the rest of us hard-working, honest, law-abiding, mostly Christian Americans. What they do, by definition, makes them traitors, guilty of treason because they betray their country, and countrymen in order to promote an agenda of aiding and abetting illegal aliens, in direct contravention of our laws.
It is particularly egregious for the Catholic Church and Charities to ignore our immigration laws when it results in such damaging negative effects on the 'quality of life' for the rest of us Americans. What a shameful example they provide for us and our children. Any sanctimonious justifications they might give for their illegal behavior, is unacceptable! What they do fosters anarchy and chaos, which impacts ALL Americans. Apparently Catholics and other religious organizations who join them, believe they are 'special' people,' when in fact they are criminals who are shamefully and erroneously justifying their behavior by sacrilegiously cloaking themselves in the mantle of Christianity and biblical mantras. Next you will find the list of our immigration laws they willfully and unconscionably defy, with their outrageous illegal behavior!
What IS 'Aiding or Abetting?'
To 'Aid or Abet' is to actively, knowingly, or intentionally assist another person in the commission or attempted commission of a crime, such as illegally entering our country without our permission or knowledge, housing them, transporting them, or employing them.(45)
1. It is 'aiding or abetting' to "encourage or induce an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law." 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv).(46)
2. It is 'aiding or abetting' to "conceal or attempt to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, illegal aliens, including any building or any means of transportation." 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(A)(iii).(46)
3. It is also 'aiding or abetting' to "engage in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts." 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(A)(v)(I).(46)
4. It is a felony to 'aid or abet' in the commission of the above acts. 8 U.S.C. § 1324(a)(1)(A)(v)(II).(46)
Note: A Felony Occurs when the specified crime carries a penalty of more than one year in prison.(47)
Note: For ALL the crimes listed above the maximum penalties range from five to twenty years for EACH VIOLATION, where sentences of more than five years indicate additional aggravating circumstances.
Note: Recent class-action lawsuits have been brought by ordinary citizens against those who 'aid and abet' illegal aliens, under RICO the Racketeer-Influenced and Corrupt Organizations statutes. A significant event because it can mean the awarding of treble damages for the plaintiffs.(48)
Catholic Bishops Seditiously Exhort Members to 'Aid and Abet' Illegal Aliens
In May, 2005, the "U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops announced . . . that it will 'add the voice of the Catholic Church' to the call for a guest-worker program, and a path to citizenship for illegal aliens in the United States."(49) To support that goal the Catholic Church's 'Migration and Refugee Services' has launched a controversial campaign called 'Justice for Immigrants.' However it seems that their campaign apparently does not include obeying the immigration laws of our country! "The campaign hopes to use God's law to replace U.S. Immigration law. The church also wants lawmakers to develop a plan to help bring their families to the U.S. as well."(50)
Do the math! That means if there are 20-23 million illegal aliens here now, assuming a spouse and children and 'anchor babies' that figure of potential influx could quadruple to 80 million if their families are brought in under the 'family reunification plan' that the Catholic Church espouses. In a country where the number of current legal citizens is 296 million . . . those numbers are a demographically overwhelming! To understand the depravity of this Catholic dogma, read on . . .
1. Cardinal Theodore E. McCarrick, the archbishop of Washington, according to the Washington Times, in May of 2005, said that "religious teachings justify aiding illegal aliens" . . . "We go right to the New Testament and say, him or her who is without sin cast the first stone. How many of us have not violated some laws, whatever they might have been -- either they're traffic laws or immigration laws or tax laws, something like that."(49)
Perhaps some have occasionally cheated and done one, or all of the above. Does that justify the call by an archbishop of the Catholic Church to promote and deliberately ignore United States immigration laws? How outrageous can you get? Apparently 'Justice for [Illegal] Immigrants' includes the unspoken mandate of 'In-Justice for Honest, Law-Abiding American Citizens!'
2. What Cardinal McCarrick is advocating, has long been a policy of the Catholic Church. One that encourages Catholics to, blatantly and with impunity, openly defy our immigration laws. How can the Catholic Church so outrageously announce their defiance of our laws? Could it be that they have a need to fill their church pews and parochial schools with the hordes of illegal alien Hispanic/Latinos arriving here daily, who are predominately Catholic, in order to "breathe new life into [their] parishes" and to "swell [the] local ranks of Catholics?"(51)(52)
Did you know that . . . "nearly 40 percent of the Catholics living in the Untied States are Hispanic, making the constituency a highly important one for the church."(53) Did you know that the Hispanic/Latino population growth rates for some counties in the southeastern United States has exceeded a growth of 500 to 1,000 percent between 1990 and 2000!(41)
In their 'blind ambition' for denominational dominance and economic resuscitation, has the Catholic Church slipped into the abyss of moral turpitude? Has the Catholic Church given up all pretense of holding to 'moral Christian ethics' in order to achieve greater attendance in their schools and churches? Could that explain everything?
3. Or, is it all about a One World Order? At the first Binational Migration Conference, June 23, 2005, in El Paso, TX that looked at immigration and the Catholic Church where they held closed discussions and workshops with Mexico's Foreign Minister Luis Derbez, U.S. Senator John Cornyn, and Cardinal Theodore McCarrick. Don't you wonder what was discussed? Perhaps the discussion was encapsulated by the speech of McCarrick's that read . . . "our late Pope John Paul II spoke of one continent, of one America joined by common need and common solidarity. This conference is important because we must work together for the common good and to answer the needs of our time and of this new moment of globalization."(54)
Well now, there's your answer! According to the late Pope John Paul II and Cardinal McCarrick, it IS all about the One World Order (OWO), or as it is currently euphemistically called . . . the New World Order.
4. Mexico's Foreign Minister Luis Derbez speaking at that same 2005 Conference "lamented the poor image of hard-working, honest illegal [isn't that an oxymoron?] immigrants, which is being distorted by vigilante [the outrageous branding of American Patriots, by President Bush, has served the pro-illegal alien crowd well, hasn't it?] groups such as the Minuteman Project in Arizona . . . [t]he show of racism and xenophobia [that's what one is called, when you are an American citizen who insists that the laws of our country be enforced!] of certain individuals against undocumented immigrants [illegal aliens trying to break into America], especially on the border with Arizona, and which threatens to expand, is unacceptable."(55)
5. Cardinal Theodore McCarrick also said at that same 'groundbreaking' 1st Binational Migration Conference between U.S. and Mexican Catholic workers, on June 24, 2005, that: "The church in the United States is very, very Hispanic and what a blessing that is. They (Hispanic immigrants) come with the values that are so needed in the United States today."(56)
Yes indeed, just what we need to do, celebrate the Hispanic immigrants' 'values' that just happen to include breaking our immigration laws to enter, reside, travel and work in the United States! Doesn't that make those Hispanic immigrants [read illegal aliens] lawbreakers committing acts that are . . . illegal, illegal, illegal, and illegal? You should also know that the Cardinal's 'Justice for Immigrants' (but not American citizens), plans to "educate and galvanize Catholics," to break our immigration laws, by having priests exhort their Catholic parishioners from their pulpits, to join in the conspiracy to 'aid and abet' those same illegal alien crimes, by committing additional acts that are also illegal, illegal, illegal and illegal!(57)
6. Unfortunately, McCarrick goes on to say: "The simple truth is clear: We must welcome the stranger [illegal aliens], for in his or her face we see Christ. Sadly, the migration [of illegal aliens] experience today, according to the bishops of both countries, is far from the Kingdom of God that Jesus proclaimed."(56)
Translated, God's Kingdom should supercede America's immigration laws, therefore, by implication our country's immigration laws are to be ignored! It is clear that McCarrick also believes that the church 'faithful' are expected to criminally 'aid and abet' those 'migrant' illegal aliens, all with the church's encouragement and blessings!
What McCarrick's Catholic Church desires is to continue to criminally enable the human tsunami of Hispanic and Latino illegal aliens who are overwhelming our country, until it inevitably divides America into two languages, cultures, and societies. His expectations are that church's 'good Catholics' should 'aid and abet' those illegal Hispanic/Latinos hordes who are balkanizing our cities and towns, degrading and overwhelming our schools, hospitals and jails and draining our 'public benefits' and welfare systems dry! For shame! For shame!
7. Some 67.3 million Catholic faithful are expected to 'aid and abet,' which represents about one-fourth of the U.S. population.(58) It is no secret that: "For years, its [Catholic] leaders have supported proposals to give legal status to undocumented workers [illegal aliens] but the new campaign ['Justice for Immigrants' (but not for Americans)] focuses on the grass roots by, for example, providing outlines of sermons to priests and enlisting Catholic lay groups to promote the church's message [to 'aid and abet' illegal aliens], officials [of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops] said."(59)
McCarrick's 'partners in crime' include: "Bishop James Tamayo of Laredo, TX; Celia Rivas of the Spanish Catholic Center in Gaithersburg, MD; and . . . 20 Catholic organizations, including the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Catholic Charities USA, Catholic Relief Services, and the U.S. Jesuit Conference, to name a few."(57)
8. Another homily by McCarrick, speaking in both Spanish and English, says: "When there is a moral issue that concerns so many of our people, [Hispanics and Latinos] we have to speak. This is a special moment in the history of the Catholic church and the history of migration."(56)
Oh yes . . . it certainly is a 'special moment' for which the Catholic Church will be roundly condemned for its morally bankrupt program of fostering the blatant disregard of the immigration laws and sovereignty of the United States of America. But most of all, the church will be vigorously denounced for its 'slap in the face' to all honest, law-abiding, legal American residents and citizens! A proud moment indeed!
Still MORE Catholic Illegal Alien Enablers, Guilty of 'Aiding and Abetting' . . .
1. "The Mexican Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Hermosillo plans to open two shelters for migrants in the Mexican border communities of Naco and Nogales [in America] . . . The Rev. Cayetano Cagbrera [said]: We've already begun by giving away meals from the church in Naco, but our objective is to open a shelter where we can house people who need the help of the church [to 'aid and abet' illegal aliens to break our immigration laws]."(60)
Migrants [illegal aliens] already find help at a shelter started by the Rev. Rene Castanedo Castro, former head of the migrant [illegal alien] ministry for the Hermosillo Archdiocese "in Altar, a community about 60 miles SOUTH of the Arizona border that serves as a staging center for migrants [illegal aliens] heading north."(60)
"The migrant shelter gives them an air-conditioned room to sleep in, a meal and a place to bathe and wash their clothes, all behind the protection of a 10-foot wall . . . [s]ince the shelter opened in 2000, more than 14,000 people have stayed there before heading north [to America]."(60)
2. "The Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake is getting on board a national effort ['Justice for Immigrants,' but not for American citizens] by church leaders to work toward comprehensive immigration reform that will include a broad legalization plan for undocumented immigrants [illegal aliens]."(60)
"Bishop George Niederauer said his diocese isn't new to the immigration debate. Earlier this year, Bishop Niederauer wrote a letter to Gov. Jon Huntsman, Jr, opposing SD277 --now law-- which replaces undocumented immigrants' [illegal aliens] drivers' licenses with driving privilege cards [which they shouldn't have either because they are criminals that are here illegally!]."(61) Apparently, the 'good' bishop believes illegal aliens should have regular driver's licenses, the same a American citizens and LEGAL immigrants have.
3. "Eight years ago Sister Margaret Rose Smyth had to go out of her way to find illegal immigrants who might need her help, listening for Spanish conversations at the Kmart on the North Fork of Long Island. Now every day, Sister Margaret, a Roman Catholic nun who is the director of the North Fork Spanish Apostolate, typically sees off two early-morning busses filled with laborers [illegal aliens] seeking work along the Long Island Expressway, giving them business tips and moral support [and defying our immigration laws by 'aiding and abetting' aliens to work here illegally]."(62)
"The housing and construction boom has more people working.' Sister Margaret said, noting that new she sees 1,000 migrants [illegal aliens] from Mexico and Central America, most of them undocumented [illegal aliens], at church each week. Somebody made it to Riverhead and got the word out,' she said."(62) As they say . . . if you build it, they will come!!!
Meanwhile . . . "In the process, longtime residents are being forced to confront the issue of illegal immigration as never before, dotting the national map with dozens of new battlefronts in the debate on workers living in the United States without legal status."(62)
Sister Margaret is obviously proud of her work, engaging in the illegal activity of 'aiding and abetting' illegal aliens. Shamefully Sister Margaret has ignored American immigration laws by bringing in, encouraging and sustaining illegal aliens in the surrounding local Long Island communities. Her behavior is egregiously criminal. Sister Margaret's illegal alien crusade has disrupted and harmed the lives of Long Island's good, honest, hard working, law-abiding, American citizens. Her misplaced compassion for illegal aliens, has caused untold chaos in the lives of many innocent citizens in the communities where the illegal aliens have overwhelmed them.
In Sister Margaret's zealous drive to increase church attendance she has irrevocable altered the surrounding community. This she has done this in the name of Christ, with little or no regard, nor any apparent Christian caring and concern, for the rest of the community, leaving in her wake, an ongoing tragedy for the people of Long Island!
4. "Roman Catholic priests, Franciscan brothers, community activists and residents who joined Mexican day laborers [illegal aliens] in protesting their evictions from an overcrowded house [a 900 square foot home, housing more than 60 individuals] in Farmingville said yesterday they were offended by Suffolk Executive Steve Levy labeling them 'a 1 percent lunatic fringe'."(63)
Levy's comment, made in response to the verbal attack of the Rev. Allan Ramirez of the Brookville reformed Church and Patrick Young of the Long Island Immigrant Alliance who said Levy, who is enforcing the zoning laws of Farmingville, is involved in "ethnic cleansing" and has a "Napoleonic complex," and is considered "Public Enemy No. 1" by the Latino Community. A man who had the 'guts' to enforce our laws is 'Public Enemy No. 1' in the Latino community. What does that say about the 'Latino community?' This is the kind of abuse that is hurled, not just in Farmingville, but all across America, at ANYONE who would dare to enforce ANY of our laws against illegal aliens.(63)
5. The Annunciation House acts as a waystation for illegal aliens. It is in a residential neighborhood that is a 10-minute walk from the U.S. border in El Paso, TX. The 'waystation' is used by illegal aliens "from Mexico and other parts of Latin America on their way to the 'fields, hotels and restaurants to the north. The shelter runs on private donations from unnamed Catholic residents of El Paso."(64)
"There is no sign announcing Annunciation House. Unless a person knows differently, the old brick building in El Paso, Texas, almost looks abandoned . . . Knowledge of the Annunciation House spreads along the migrant [illegal alien] trail by word of mouth . . . During their short stays at Annunciation house, migrant [illegal aliens] collect the energy to continue their journey into the United States."(64)
"Mary Fontana, a 22-year-old recent college graduate, has seen hundreds of people such as Carlos [an illegal alien] since she came to Annunciation Hours in October. According to the shelter's records, more than 20,000 people [illegal aliens] have stayed at the Annunciation House in the past five years."(64)
Mary is spending a year volunteering at the Annunciation House, before going on to graduate school. She learned about the Annunciation House in a book about volunteer opportunities (from the Catholic Church perhaps?). Her logic for participating in the illegal activity of supporting, harboring and housing illegal aliens is: "Americans need to realize how lucky they are to be born in this country . . . You won the world lottery. If you lose your job, there is a support system [unemployment compensation which you fund by your taxes]. There are free public schools [Mexican schools are not free?]. . . You have that, not because you earned it, but because you were born here. People look at these immigrants [illegal aliens] and they think they don't deserve to be here [they shouldn't be here], but is that accident of birth enough to bar them from all those things you want for yourself and your family [yes]?"(64)
Mary needs to recognize that her misguided, misplaced compassion for illegal aliens is a criminal act. Where are her parents? Do they know she is breaking the laws of our country with such impunity? Since Mary receives only $8.00 a month in spending money, in addition to her 'room and board' how does she manage? My guess is that her parents are helping her and therefore they too are 'aiding and abetting illegal aliens. Mary should understand that her 'accident of birth' is a product of her parents and her parents parents, etc., having worked hard and long to provide for her. For some reason Mary seems to think that poverty exists only south of the border. She needs to wake up! Mary, should quit breaking our laws by participating in such criminal activities and go find some American citizens or legal residents to lavish her compassion upon.
One wonders if Mary has any clue as to the 'hell' she is unleashing on honest, decent, law-abiding Americans, by 'aiding and abetting' the illegal aliens that use the Annunciation House. Just one small vignette might enlighten her: Since 'Operation Hold the Line' was instituted it has posed "an impenetrable obstacle course that separates Juarez, Mexico, from the Ascarate Municipal Golf Course in El Paso [the town where the Annunciation House is a 'waystation' for those illegal aliens that still get through] . . . Hold the Line is designed to push illegal immigrants out of the cities where it is easy to quickly blend in and disappear, and into the open areas where it is difficult to hide . . . Operation Hold the Line really improved the quality of life in El Paso, Garcia said. The year before it began, we apprehended 285,000 trying to cross into El Paso [keeping in mind that for every one they catch three get though]. That has dried up by 70 percent."(64)
However, holes open in other places "affecting small towns such as Fabens, Texas, and Columbus, N.M. . . . Before sunrise or right after sunset, people gather in the Mexican town of Las Palomas to make their run at the border. Three miles away sits Columbus, N.M. . . . With a population of 1,500, Columbus' downtown is a dusty block with one of everything -- a small grocery store, a police station, a town hall and the Patios Cafe, the town's social center . . . The town was built on ranching, but the once quiet life there is being replaced by [100 mile-an-hour] high-speed chases through town, fence cutting, burglary [twenty stolen cars abandoned in the area in one month] and drug runner revenge against landowners [on whose property the police burn large amounts of confiscated marijuana, or] who call the authorities."(64) Then there is . . .
6. The Rev. Bob Vitaglione, a priest at St. Joseph's Catholic church, in Brooklyn, NY, where he delivers prayers at his daily Masses in Haitian-Creole, Italian and Spanish. For 22 years he has helped 'criminal aliens' fight for a second chance . . . " 'Father Bob' believes that: "No one should be left alone in our society, undefended. Otherwise we drift backwards to fascism - easily . . . We spilled a lot of blood in World War II to put and end to that." And, speaking about the latest human tsunami wave of illegal aliens overrunning New York, Father Bob calls their ordeals "'legalized, sanitized equivalent of the slave of 1857' since they often shoulder menial jobs and long hours." Oh, I guess no one but those illegals do those menial jobs with long hours. What nonsense!(65)
Father Bob also believes that: "Our democracy only works if the worst have somebody to speak up for them - or the fascists will be licking their chops." Father Bob needs to understand that he is breaking federal immigration laws to 'aid and abet' illegal aliens. Father Bob also needs to understand that a democracy only works if its citizens obey the laws of that democracy. Father Bob 'fobs off' any criticism of his 'aiding and abetting' illegal aliens by pointing to the heavens and saying: "Take it up with the head of the firm."(65)
Again we find that the priests of the Catholic Church believe that they are above the law and are bound only by what they consider God's law . . . and yet he speaks of a democracy. Does he not know that we are a republic that is based on laws? Again what nonsense!
How the Catholic 'Charities' USA 'Aids and Abets' Illegal Aliens:
Charities is perhaps a misnomer . . . because it appears that the vast majority (67%) of the money they receive does NOT come from charity. Unless one considers taxpayer dollars, as charity! It seems that the Catholic 'Charities' is really a 'front group' that administers, controls and manages social programs for federal, state, county and local governments through contracts and outright 'grants' [your tax dollars] for programs and projects that provide a variety of 'social services' and 'public benefits.'(66)
This includes many, many subsidized housing programs, across the country for which the Catholic 'Charities' and others, receive or control multi-billion-dollar 'slices' of funding from the federal government's Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) perpetuating the $37.5 billion dollar a year, subsidized housing industry [your tax dollars].(67) Other programs include receiving hundreds-of-thousands of dollars, in grants to Catholic 'Charities' annually from state, county and local taxpayers for such things as operating local 'day laborer' sites for illegal aliens.(68) All all of the above is done with taxpayer funded government 'grants,' which is 'free' (to them, but not to you), money that the 'charities' don't have to pay back!(69)
1. Where do Catholic Charities agencies get their funding? "In 2000, about 67 percent of funding for Catholic Charities agencies programs comes from state, local, and federal government grants and contracts [your tax dollars] to provide services such as day care or welfare-to-work programs. Another 14 percent of Catholic Charities funding comes from private support-the church, donors, United Way, and CFC funds. In addition, program fees (10%), investment income (6%), and in-kind income (3%) support Catholic Charities agency programs . . . [for a total of] $2.69 billion [in 2000]."(66)
In addition, for the fiscal year 2004-2005 CCUSA Housing Counseling received "nearly $2 million from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to fund 40 agencies' housing counseling programs . . . the largest housing grant given by HUD . . . to a national organization [just] for comprehensive housing counseling programs . . . [to] manage the distribution of HUD funds to agencies and oversees the training of agency staff and the implementation of the program."(70)
2. Catholic Charities "Welcome Refugees, Asylees, and Immigrants: Immigrants-including documented and undocumented workers [illegal aliens], refugees, and asylees [many who come here illegally, who] --come to the U.S. seeking a better life for themselves and their families. Often, they are fleeing racial, religious, social, or political persecution in their home countries."(71) The problem with this 'admirable' list of reasons is the fact that the millions upon millions of Mexican illegal aliens are coming here for purely economic reasons which is NOT included in the list! Do you know how many billions of people around the world would fit into the 'economic' category?
3. Rubbing 'Salt in the Wound' the Catholic Charities states: "All immigrants [legal and illegal] are entitled to be treated with respect and dignity. To this end, (CCUSA) [Catholic Charities USA] promotes legislative reforms to restore federal benefits to legal immigrants, increase admissions of refugees and asylees [many of whom come here illegally], create better opportunities for undocumented workers [illegal aliens] to earn legalization, allow immigrants [this includes illegal aliens] to reunite with their families more easily [by bring their families to America], and improve protections for immigrants [including illegal aliens] under federal laws, including labor laws."(71)
4. A Snapshot of ONE 'Tiny' Area Serviced By Catholic Charities: "Juan is a migrant [illegal alien] farm worker in Greeley harvesting crops to send money to his destitute family. With little or no migrant [illegal alien] housing available, Juan and most other farm workers [illegal aliens] live 20-to-a-hotel room or in vans or cars. To address this critical need, Catholic Charities will open Plaza del Sol Migrant [Illegal Alien] Housing for single [illegal alien] men in March 2004."(72)
"Migrant [Illegal Alien] Farm Worker Housing: Plaza del Milagro housed 67 farm worker [illegal alien] families with 246 children in 2003, 88 children from 51 [illegal alien] families received child care . . . Immigration Services helped 143 clients in the Western Slope and 664 Households were helped by our Immigrant [legal and illegal] Community Advocacy program."(72)
This is only ONE tiny area of this vast United States of America that is serviced by the Catholic Charities. Multiply the numbers given by every town or city, then, times the number of states, to get SOME idea of the vastness or territory and the numbers of illegal aliens that are 'aided and abetted' by the 1400 local Catholic Charities agencies with 51,004 paid staff, and 168,548 volunteers providing essential services to more than 9 million people annually.(66)(73)
5. If Illegal aliens need legal help, no problem: There is the Catholic Charities Legal Services (CCLS). "Over 1000 individuals seek the services of CCLS each month . . . [t]hese individuals confront a complex immigration law [certainly no fear of being deported unless they commit ANOTHER crime] and a confusing bureaucracy. Many have unhealed wounds from a painful past [who doesn't!]. Many encounter unexpected bigotry and barriers as they adjust to a new culture and a new way of life. They face an uncertain future [so do the legal citizens of America if the Catholic Charities continues to ignore our immigration laws!]."(74)
6. According to Randolph P. McGrorty, the Executive Director or CCLS: "The successful accomplishment of our mission transforms individuals from 'illegal aliens' to productive, participating members of our community. In turn, their contributions strengthen and diversify our nation."(74)
Yessiree . . . THAT's something to be proud of, aiding a abetting of illegal aliens in contravention of our immigration laws while at the same time celebrating the desire to diversify, diversify, diversify, in contravention of our 'melting pot' and our national motto E pluribus unum (Out of many, ONE!). If they are allowed to keep going, as they have in the past, the Catholic Church and Charities will soon achieve their goal of a nation divided by language, divided by culture and a divided society. Congratulations, great job!
7. Why Do The Illegal Aliens Come? Here's why: "Just a week ago, the Hernandez family -- Juan, Isabel and baby Ivette -- left Texas and arrived in Greeley, where Juan Hernandez had farm work awaiting him. Upon arrival, they found out they qualified [HOW?] to live in a two-bedroom furnished apartment at the Plaza del Sol housing complex, provided by Catholic Charities Farm Labor Housing. On Tuesday night, they found out where they can get dental care for $5, at the Sunrise Community Health Center; and day care for 10-month old Ivette, in the Migrant Head Start program, provided by the Family Educational Network of Weld County. As they waited in line for the Sunrise Health Clinic van, Juan Hernandez said life's treating them pretty well in Greeley."(75) When does the taxpayer that pays for that van and services get picked and taken care by that clinic? Don't hold your breath!
8. First Ever 'Migrant (Illegal Alien) Services' Fair Sponsored by CCUSA: "Representatives of 12 area and state agencies set up booths at the Plaza del Sol farm housing complex, 2501 Ash Ave., Tuesday night in the first-ever Migrant [illegal alien] Services Fair to educate migrant [illegal alien] farm worker families about what's available to them. About 50 migrant [illegal alien] mothers, fathers and children took advantage of the event, sponsored by the Northern Colorado Migrant [Illegal Alien] Coalition and hosted by Catholic Charities Farm Labor Housing Corporation."(75)
9. Participating agencies in the 'Migrant (Illegal Alien) Fair, included:
"The information they are giving us is important because we're from Mexico, so we still don't know very much about here yet," said Cigala, who lives with her husband and children in Plaza del Sol.(75)
- Weld County Employment Services * Family Educational Network of Weld County Migrant Head Start
- Rocky Mountain SER * Catholic Charities * Catholic Charities Farm Labor Housing * Centennial BOCES
- Sunrise Community Health Center * Division of Vocational Rehab (Colorado Department of Human Services)
- Colorado Legal Services * Latino Research Center * Wells Fargo * Affordable Residential Communities
- Health Department of Weld County(75)
10. "In the Catholic tradition, people have a right to migrate if they can not support their families. In turn, the United States, a country of great wealth and power, has an obligation to both work toward economic and social justice in other countries so as to reduce the need for migration, and, to the extent of its resources, to accommodate those who must migrate."(76) This quote came from the CCUSA in a letter to Congress in support of the McCain-Kennedy 'Guest Worker' bill.
Translated . . . The Church insists that the laws of the United States are superfluous because they believe that the accommodation of the 'migrant' is above and beyond our laws! Clearly the Catholic Church believes that the migrant [illegal alien] has MORE RIGHTS than law-abiding Americans and that our sovereignty means absolutely nothing!
11. "Our [CCUSA] views on immigration policy are also shaped by the experience of our agencies, which each year help over half a million immigrants [illegal aliens] and refugees [many whom ALSO come here illegally] to succeed in the their adopted country. Through immigration legal services, language instruction, job training and placement, and social services, our agencies are witness to the incredible capacity for hard work and strong family life of newcomers [illegal aliens] to our country. Moreover, Catholic Charities' staffs and parish volunteers observe each day the unjust and counterproductive effects of U.S. immigration policies [they mean our immigration laws that remain unenforced] which often undermine workplace fairness and separate families. As outlined by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops in their pastoral letter, Strangers No Longer, we come to defend for the migrant [illegal alien]."(76)
Translated . . . Since we are 'above and beyond the law,' you as good Catholics are expected to criminally 'aid and abet' illegal aliens, because the Catholic Church and Charities does that and says you should too!
12. "We believe that no immigrant should be treated as an outsider or economic threat [what arrogance, insanity reigns]. They are our brothers and sisters in Christ who are searching for the better life they deserve [conversely, the rest of us law abiding citizens and legal residents, be damned!] . . . CCUSA is particularly supportive of provisions of the McCain-Kennedy bill [Oh, you bet they are!] that would allow undocumented immigrants [illegal aliens] to register for a temporary [and who will see to it that they go home at the end of the] six-year visa [and other visas that] . . . could eventually lead to permanent residence [which means they can petition the government for 'family reunification' in order to bring their family members here] status for many of the ten million [actually 20-23 million or more] undocumented immigrants [illegal aliens] in the United States today and the thousands [actually millions] of migrants [illegal aliens] who will arrive at America's borders in the future."(76)
13. "At St. Cecilia's Church in New York's East Harlem neighborhood, Regina Kirk directs a Catholic Charities support program for Mexican and Ecuadorian mothers - virtually all of them undocumented . . . Mary Ellen Ros, executive director of Catholic Charities Community Services in New York, said her agency assists roughly 80,000 immigrants a year, many from families with at least one member in the United States illegally."(77) Think about that! This is just ONE of the 1400 Catholic Charities local agencies and institutions.(73)
14. Lastly, a quote by Mia Crosthwaite who is a legislative liaison for the diocese of Boise and Catholic Charities of Idaho and coordinator of adult Catholic education who is dutifully following the Church's mandate:
"We are called to pastorally and lovingly respond to the immigrant [illegal alien] we find in our midst. In the end, we will be judged by how we treated the least of these. Did we welcome them? Did we clothe, feed and give drink to them [and house them, educate them, provide free emergency care for them and more, much much, more]? All around us is Jesus in the beautiful disguise of the Mexican illegal alien."(78)
She represents the personification of one who is 'brainwashed'. Well, at least she didn't call them 'undocumented!'
The Catholic Church's Announced Mandate . . .
"Before God all are equal; the earth was given by God to all. The native does have superior rights over the [illegal alien] immigrant. While no country has the duty to receive so many immigrants that its social and economic life are jeopardized [which is exactly what IS happening here in America], we should recognize that when a person cannot achieve a meaningful life [what exactly is a 'meaningful life'] in his or her own land, that person has the right to move."(79)
Translation . . . it means that even if we are so overwhelmed with illegal aliens that our quality of life is threatened, it doesn't matter because, according to the Catholic Church, the Mexicans and other Hispanics have the RIGHT to continue to invade America, and all Catholics are mandated to welcome them!
"The Church is especially concerned with undocumented immigrants [illegal aliens] who are particularly vulnerable to exploitation and abuse. Their presence is often considered criminal [it IS a criminal violation of our immigration laws] since they arrive without legal permission [in violation of our country's immigration laws]. However, their lack of legal status [illegally in our country] does not deprive them of rights 'to food, shelter, clothing, education and health care' given to them by the Creator [what 'balderdash' . . . we, the hard working, law abiding, taxpaying citizens of the USA work hard to 'give' them those things]. Without condoning undocumented [illegal alien] migration [implicitly . . . they do just that!], the Church supports the human rights of all people [except for us brainwashed, sensitivity-trained, pc'd (politically castrated), multi-culturalized, honest, hard working, tax paying, Pavlovian-trained, naive and trusting Americans] and offers them medical, educational, pastoral and social services regardless of their legal status. Until we can address the root causes of undocumented [illegal] migration, undocumented persons [illegal aliens] must be treated in a manner that upholds their basic human dignity and rights [and "We the People" and our immigration laws be damned!]."(79)
Well, there it is . . . it doesn't matter that our immigration laws say that 'aiding and abetting' the illegal alien is a crime, the Catholic church is saying it doesn't need to follow those laws. The Catholic Church also doesn't care about the rights of the honest, hard-working, American citizens who dutifully honor the 'rule of law' which is the foundation of this country, while the Catholic Church does not!
In Case You Think They are Coming Just to Feed and House their Family, etc., Think Again:
The mantra of the illegal alien supporters and open-borders crowd has been: These are just pitiful 'poor migrants' who come here to work in order to provide for their starving families. They have no homes, or live in deplorable conditions with no jobs to support themselves with, etc., etc., etc., '. . . Not so, according to the Pew Hispanic Research.(80) Here are some of the headlines reporting on that momentous 'propaganda buster' research, reported by the Pew Hispanic Center:
1. Most Mexican Immigrants [Illegal Aliens] in New Study [95%] Gave Up Jobs to Take Their Chances in U.S.(81)
2. Report disputes belief about jobless migrants [illegal aliens](82)
3. FAMILY, better jobs pull Mexicans [illegal aliens] to USA(83)
4. Study: Illegal Immigrants Not Drawn by Jobs(84)
5. U.S. jobs come easy to Mexican migrants [illegal aliens, who are willing to work for 'slave wages'](85)
The first thing you notice about the headlines is that ONLY ONE newspaper had the 'guts' to print the FACT that they were discussing illegal aliens. Unfortunately, that's all part of the subtle propaganda machine employed by the establishment press, that includes lying by omission (i.e., leaving out key important descriptive words like 'illegal'). It is a technique that is often applied lavishly and shamelessly in order to confound the average unsuspecting or clueless American!
Secondly, didn't you always wonder how so many of those 'poor migrants' were able to afford the services of the coyotes (i.e., Mexican human traffickers)? Many pay thousands of dollars to coyotes to illegally ferry them into the United States. So, now you know. They had jobs! They had family already here to borrow from. They had places to stay and jobs arranged before they even arrived. In the future the more 'family' that comes here, the more 'family' will come here, so that the migrant army of colonization will increase exponentially!
Doesn't that make your blood boil, after all the propaganda that the Catholic Church and others have been spewing forth for decades about 'Justice for Immigrants?' Those poor pitiful 'migrants' (illegal aliens) who come here to take advantage our schools, health and welfare systems. They overload our schools and hospitals, fill our jails, commit crimes, kill people in many ways including drunk driving, and YET we are to 'welcome them' according to the religious communities.(86)
What about the dignity and 'rights' of ordinary America citizens to be free from the massive illegal alien invasion that is crushing our country? Balkanizing our neighborhoods, overwhelming and degrading our schools, medical facilities, and most importantly, our quality of life? Does the Catholic Church and Charities give one scintilla of thought about THEM? Clearly the Catholic Church doesn't give an damn, as it has declared itself ABOVE THE LAW!
What about the rights of all the LEGAL residents of America who are being trampled upon by such an outrageous Catholic mandate, announced in direct contravention of our immigration laws? Why does the Catholic Church so blatantly encourage their flock to break the laws of the land? Have they no shame? What the Catholic Church 'mandates' is an illegal and immoral advocacy for the Catholic faithful to engage in criminal activities! That is outrageous and unacceptable!
The Catholic Church, Charities and other organizations who DEFY our immigration laws are criminals! It does not matter what 'higher law' they THINK they are obeying. They are the proverbial 'fifth column' who operates out of sympathy for the 'invading army' of illegal aliens, by traitorously and seditiously facilitating an illegal alien invasion of our country. A Catholic Hispanic/Latino invasion that WILL, by their sheer numbers, irrevocably alter our American community. They will divide our nation into two languages, two cultures, and two societies. The Catholic Church and Charities, their membership and other religious zealots who think only of their 'mission' without regard for the rest of us . . . are traitorous criminals who are betraying their country and are therefore guilty of treason!
"But more significantly, dangerously and ominously, we have been trained to cast the discerning eye only inwards, never outwards. We have been cowed into believing that any recognition of unpleasant truths involving a culture or religion not our own is to descend into bigotry. Thus, like the three monkeys, we hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil . . . The United States in the third millennium stands at a precipice, with the constant accomodation of foreign cultures and faiths driving her culture steadily toward extinction. Should we allow Islam or other incongruous forces to make further inroads into our nation? We'll never know if we remain the truly blind, namely, those who will not see. We'll never know if we're experiencing an age of enlightenment, or trading the promised land for peace in our time."(87)
The Catholic Church and Charities apparently believe that they should not be bound by the immigration laws of our country. They have taken it upon themselves to defy our laws by illegally 'aiding and abetting' aliens to come, enter, take up residence and work here in America. That makes them criminals! They also conceal, harbor and shield them from detection in houses, transport them and engage in conspiracies with others to commit those same illegal acts. In their 'blind ambition' the Catholic Church and Charities are committing felonies, in violation of our immigration laws, because of their misguided religious fervor that facilitates and perpetuates the unrelenting illegal alien invasion of our country! Their complicity and duplicity is a national tragedy and an egregious sacrilegious disgrace!
Note 1: All bracketed [ ] notations within the quotes, are added for clarification.
Note 2: All underlining and italics, within the quotes and elsewhere, are done for emphasis.
Note 3: For a list of ALL that the Catholic Charities lobbies for, go here: Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA), News and Facts: Letters [List of Lobbying Letters sent to Congress], Accessed 8/7/05, catholiccharities.org, http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org/news/letters/index.cfm?cfid=560839&cftoken=52547324.
Note 4: For an excellent source on The National Council of La Raza (The Race), LULAC, MALDEF, MEChA, and the ACLU, et al go to: http://www.discoverthenetwork.com/viewGroups.asp?catId=6.
Copyright © Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., 2009, All Rights Reserved
- The Concise Law Encyclopedia, sedition, Accessed March 8, 2006, thelawencyclopedia, Sedition.
- Houghon Mifflin, sedition, Accessed March 8, 2006, education.yahoo.com, Sedition.
- Jessica Garrison and Jason Felch, 'God's Law' Backed After 2 Masses, March 6, 2006, Los Angeles Times, God's Law.
- Rosalio Munoz, Cardinal calls for immigrant rights, February 18, 2006, People's Weekly World, Immigrant Rights.
- Teresa Watanabe, Immigrants Gain the Pulpit, March 1, 2006, Los Angeles Times, Pulpit.
- Pope Benedict XVI, Encyclical Letter Deus Caritas Est, of the Supreme Pontiff, Benedict XVI to the Bishops, Priests and Deacons, Men and Women Religious and all the Lay Faithful on Christian Love, December 25, 2005, Given at Rome, St. Peter's, Pope Benedict XVI.
- The Rutherford Institute, The Rights of Churches and Political Involvement, March 1, 2006, The Rutherford Institute, Political.
- The Rutherford Institute, The Rights of Churches and Political Involvement, March 1, 2006, The Rutherford Institute, 501(c)(3).
- Minuteman Project, Minuteman founder reacts to Cardinal Mahony's statements on illegal immigration, March 2, 2006, renewamerica.us, Minuteman Founder.
- Robert Justich and Betty Ng, CFA, The Underground Labor Force Is Rising To The Surface, steinreport.com, January 23, 2005, Underground Labor Force.
- Jim McTague, Going Underground: The shadow economy is about to top $1 trillion - at a great cost to many, barron'sonline.com, January 3, 2005, Shadow Economy.
- Jeffrey S. Passel, Estimates of the Size and Characteristics of the Undocumented Population, The Pew Hispanic Center, March 21, 2005, Size of Undocumented Population.
- Fred Elbel, Illegal immigration invasion numbers, May 30, 2005, Desert Invasion - U.S., Invasion Numbers.
- Fred Elbel, How many illegal aliens are in the U.S.?, January 3, 2005, theamericanresistance, How Many Illegal Aliens.
- Lawrence E. Harrison, The silence about immigrants, September 29, 2004, The Boston Globe, Silence About Immigrants.
- NewsMax.com, Feds Undercount Illegal Aliens, March 16, 2001, theamericanresistance.com, Feds Undercount Illegals.
- Letter from Senator John McCain, (4 Million divided by 365 equals 10,000+ per day), dtd. February 10, 2004, 10,000 a day.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Misc. Madness: Gov't 'Aids and Abets' Illegal Aliens (Part 2), December 28, 2005, MichNews.com, Misc. Madness.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Insanity Reigns: Gov't 'Aids and Abets' Illegal Aliens (Part 1 - Overview), November 14, 2005, MichNews.com, Insanity Reigns.
- Carlos Loret de Mola, The Great Invasion: Mexico Recovers Its Own, July 20, 1982, americanpatrol.com, The Great Invasion.
- Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Accessed June 15, 2005, azteca.net, Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.
- Monterey County Historical Society, Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Accessed June 15, 2005, mchsmuseum.com, Guadalupe Hidalgo.
- Map of the Territory of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Accessed June 15, 2005, loc.gov, Map of Territory.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Blatant Racism by the Pro-illegal Alien Crowd (Part 1), April 22, 2005, MichNews.com, Racism (Part 1).
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Blatant Racism by the Pro-illegal Alien Crowd (Part 2), May 2, 2005, MichNews.com, Racism (Part 2).
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Blatant Racism by the Pro-illegal Alien Crowd (Part 3), June 21, 2005, MichNews.com, Racism (Part 3).
- Mark Stevenson, Fox: Migrants don't want U.S. citizenship, January 9, 2004, sfgate.com, Migrants Don't Want U.S. Citizenship.
- CBS News, Mexico's Take On Immigration Plan, January 7, 2004, cbsnews.com, Mexico's Take.
- Frank J. Kelley, Leaders betrayed us by giving illegal aliens rights, August 6, 2005, TheReporter.com, Leaders Betrayed Us.
- William Norman Grigg, The Border War, July 1, 2002, thenewamerican.com, The Border War.
- Howard Sutherland, Mexico' Northern Strategy, March, 10, 2003, amconmag.com, Mexico's Northern Strategy.
- Yeh Ling-Ling, Mexican Immigration and its Potential Impact on the Political Future of the United States, Winter 2004, The Journal of Social, Political and Economic Studies, Volume 29 Number 4, Mexican Immigration.
- PravdaSeeker, Race War in the Future for the USA?, Accessed July 31, 2005, rumormillnews.com, Race War.
- Embassy of Mexico in Canada, Mexican Citizenship, Accessed August 4, 2005, embamexcan.com, Mexican Citizenship.
- Roberto Suro, Survey of Mexican Migrants: Attitudes about Voting in Mexican Elections and Ties to Mexico, March 14, 2005, Pew Hispanic Center, Voting in Mexican Elections.
- Bruce Fein, Dual citizenship folly, March 1, 2005, washingtontimes, Dual Citizenship Folly.
- Jerry Seper, Mexico lobbies for alien amnesty, March 4, 2004, The Washington Times, Mexico Lobbies of Alien Amnesty.
- Juan Manuel Villasenor, Photo of Bill Richardson and Enrique Martinez at Border governors in Torreon, Mexico, July 15, 2005, abcnews.go.com, Photo of Bill Richardson.
- W. J. Perry, The Mexican Government's Official Plan for a Takeover of America, December 12, 2002, propertyrightsresearch.org, Mexico's Plan to Takeover America.
- Washington Post, National Development Plan 2001-2006, Accessed August 4, 2005, washingtonpost.com, Mexico's Blueprint.
- Michael Hedges, Hispanic workers changing face of Dixie: Immigrants flock to the rural South by the thousands, The Houston Chronicle, July 27, 2005, Dixie Innundated.
- KVOA News, Some Hispanics decry group's border patrols, June 12, 2005, KVOA.com, Hispanics Decry Border Patrols.
- Edward Hegstrom, Minutemen critics urge immigration reform: Religious and political leaders say changes would end the appeal of border watchers, July 13, 2005, The Houston Chronicle, Minutemen Critics.
- Stanford University Editorial Board, MEChA: Social Justice Group or KKK?, October 24, 2003, stanfordreview.org, MEChA or KKK.
- The Concise Law Encyclopedia, Aid and Abet, Accessed September 11, 2005, thelawencyclopedia.com, Aid and Abet.
- United States Code, Title 8 - Aliens and Nationality, Chapter 12 - Immigration and Nationality, Subchapter II - Immigration, Part VIII - General Penalty Provisions, Section 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens, As of January 6, 2003, findlaw.com, Aliens and Nationality.
- The Concise Law Encyclopedia, felony, Accessed September 11, 2005, thelawencyclopedia.com, Felony.
- Leah Beth Ward, Zirkle settles job suit, December 30, 2005, Yakima Herald-Republic, Zirkle.
- Stephen Dinan, Bishops back aid to immigrants, May 11, 2005, The Washington Times, Bishops Back Aid to Immigrants.
- KFOXTV, Catholics Back Illegal Immigrants?, 2005, kfoxtv.com, Catholics Back Illegal Immigrants.
- Gary Emerling and Matthew Cella, Immigration boom swells local ranks of Catholics, June 17, 2005, The Washington Times, Immgration Swells Ranks of Catholics.
- Tara Dooley, Immigrants breathe new life into parishes: Latinos change the face of the congregation at one local longtime Catholic church, June 25, 2005, Houston Chronicle, Latinos Change Face of Congregation.
- Michelle Mittlestadt, Catholics to promote immigrant value: Church aims to change attitudes, get policy on immigration eased, May 10, 2005, The Dallas Morning News, Catholics Promote Immigrants.
- Louie Gilot, Conference today examines Catholics and Immigration, June 23, 2005, borderlandnews.com, Catholics and Immigration.
- El Paso Times, Mexican official asked to help stop abuse of those bound for U.S., June 25, 2005, tucsoncitizen.com, Mexican Official.
- Louie Gilot, Immigration reform church goal, cardinal says, June 24, 2005, El Paso Times, Cardinal wants Immigration Reform.
- Susan Jones, Catholic Leaders Launch 'Justice for Immigrants' Campaign, May 10, 2005, Cybercast News Service, Justice for Immigrants.
- Mary Beth Sheridan, Bishops Change Tactics on Immigrants: Catholic Campaign Seeks Lay Backing, May 11, 2005, The Washington,Post, Bishop's Campaign Seeks Lay Backing.
- Michael Fisher, Bishop defends bid to help immigrants. Campaign: The leader of Inland Catholics plays a role in a national drive to change laws, July 8, 2005, The Riverside (CA) Press-Enterprise, Bishop of Inland Catholics.
- KVOA News, Mexican archdiocese planning shelters in Naco, Nogales, August 2, 2005, kvoa.com, Mexican Archdiocese Plans Shelters in America.
- Deborah Bulkeley, Catholics pushing immigrant reforms, May 9, 2005, The Deseret Morning News (Salt Lake City, UT), Catholics Pushing Immigrant Reforms.
- Roben Farzad, The Urban Migrants, July 20, 2005, The New York Times, The Urban Migrants.
- Bart Jones, Activists: Levy was out of line, June 28, 2005, newsday.com, Levy was out of line.
- Autumn Phillips, Crossing the Line--Immigration in Northwest Colorado: Border is a blurring line, June 26, 2005, The Steamboat Pilot & Today, Crossing the Line.
- Robert Polner, A needed friend in Father Bob: Recent immigrants in the city accused of crimes often turn to Brooklyn priest for legal tips and advice, August 10, 2005, newsday.com, Father Bob.
- Catholic Charities, About us: Frequently Asked Questions - Where do Catholic Charities agencies receive their funding?, Accessed August 9, 2005, catholiccharitiesusa.org, About Catholic Charities.
- Mathew Vadum, House Panel OKs $37.5 Billion for HUD, June 22, 2005, KnowledgePlex.org, Subsidized Housing.
- Dawn Kent, Hoover to close Hispanic center: Council cites its role in getting jobs for day laborers, August 2, 2005, Hoover to Close Hispanic Center.
- Christina Bellantoni, Fairfax seeks funds for day labor centers, August 6, 2005, The Washington Times, Fairfax Seeks Funds.
- Catholic Charities USA, Housing and So Much More, April 7, 2005, catholiccharitiesinfo.org, Housing and So Much More.
- Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA), 2005 Legislative Priorities: Welcome Refugees, Asylees, and Immigrants, Accessed August 8, 2005, catholiccharitiesusa.org, CCUSA Legislative Priorities.
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver, Hope Is The Light Of The Soul: Providing Help and Creating Hope, Accessed August 9, 2003, ccnorthern.org, Providing Help.
- Catholic Charities USA, Funding for the Legal ServicesCorporation (LSC), June 22, 2005, catholiccharitiesinfo.com, Catholic Legal Services.
- Catholic Charities Legal Services (CCLS), About CCLS, Accessed August 9, 2005, cclsmiami.org, About Catholic Services.
- Brady McCombs, Migrant Fair helps get word out on services for families, June 22, 2005, Greeley Tribune, Migrant Fair.
- Catholic Charities USA, Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act, July 12, 2005, catholiccharitiesinfo.org, Secure America.
- David Crary, States, Cities Deal With Immigrants' Kids, June 5, 2005, comcast.net, Cities Deal With Immigrants' Kids.
- Mia Crosthwaite, Jesus in the disguise of an illegal alien, September 12, 2003, natcath.com, Jesus in Disguise.
- Catholic Charities USA (CCUSA), The Church's Mandate, Accessed August 12, 2005, catholiccharitiesusa.org, The Catholic Church's Mandate.
- Rakesh Kochhar, Survey of Mexican Migrants, Part Three, December 6, 2005, Pew Hispanic Center, Survey of Mexican Migrants.
- Nina Bernstein, Most Mexican Immigrants in New Study Gave Up Jobs to Take Their Chances in U.S., December 7, 2005, The New York Times, Mexicans Gave Up Jobs to Come to America
- Grant Schulte, Report disputes belief about jobless migrants: Most of the latest Mexican arrivals are younger and better-educated, researchers find, December 7, 2005, The Houston Chronicle, Report Disputes Jobless Migrants
- Haya El Nasser, Family, better jobs pull Mexicans to USA, December 7, 2005, The USA Today, Family, Better Jobs Pull Mexicans.
- Darryl Fears, Study: Illegal Immigrants Not Drawn by Jobs, December 7, 2005; Page A11,The Washington Post, Illegals NOT Drawn by Jobs.
- Jennifer Harper, U.S. jobs come easy to Mexican migrants, December 7, 2005, The Washington Times, U.S. Jobs Come Easy for Migrants.
- Daneen G. Peterson, Ph.D., Churches Criminally 'Aid and Abet' Illegal Aliens, October 12, 2005, MichNews.com, Churches 'Aid and Abet' Illegals.
- Selwyn duke, The Equivalency Fiction, March 6, 2006, American Chronicle, The Equivalency Fiction.